Staggering Ledgers and Handrail

Super_scaff

Reaction score
If we stagger the joints in the handrail from the ledgers is this ok.

got a health and safety guy who wants written proof?

can anyone HELP ?

You should tell whoever employs him that he knows FA about his job, and people like that unnecessarily cost us time and money.
Why should you need to prove you are doing things right because of his lack of knowledge?

You should tell whoever employs him that he knows FA about his job, and people like that unnecessarily cost us time and money.
Why should you need to prove you are doing things right because of his lack of knowledge?

That's a bit harsh swifty. The guy obviously has some knowledge. Nothing wrong with a bit more education.

Just what I thought, I have explained how it works and even had my designer confirm it but this jobs worth is breathing down my neck about having a subscript from NASC.

been stagering the ledgers for ages!! its a pain in the ask no questions!!! cause you are for ever looking over the scaffold to see what ledger you started with lol!!! as for handrails shove what you want in !!!! as swifty says he nos fook all and cost us money this scaffolding is getting more like a carry on film!!!

no it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

thanks

been stagering the ledgers for ages!! its a pain in the ask no questions!!! cause you are for ever looking over the scaffold to see what ledger you started with lol!!! as for handrails shove what you want in !!!! as swifty says he nos fook all and cost us money this scaffolding is getting more like a carry on film!!!

My memory is not what it was but I seem to remember we used to start at one end of the scaffold staggering the ledgers and then start at the other end on the next lift. It may have been luck but it seemed to work.;)

That's a bit harsh swifty. The guy obviously has some knowledge. Nothing wrong with a bit more education.

Not harsh at all, most of them refer to themselves as experts. They should be contra-charged for any down time caused by their lack of knowledge.

Havespannerwilltravel
did that bounce back as its not come through yet?

Havespannerwilltravel
did that bounce back as its not come through yet?

No its in my sent box. did you check your junk mail folder?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Not harsh at all, most of them refer to themselves as experts. They should be contra-charged for any down time caused by their lack of knowledge.

I always thought they referred to themselves as "advisers" so as to avoid any actual commitment to anything. I have come across a few safety consultants but never an expert.

Top Bottom