splayed temp roof.

Got me there Marra,:wondering:

you would build you ya bay with the inside ledger sailing past the corner of the building like you would with a return. go to the end of the inside ledger and put a temp standard in to keep your level. now go round the corner and sit inside ledger on the ledger with a temp standard fixed to it just like a return with enough sailing over to cath the out side ledger of the first bay you built once you have built the bay from the return you now go and place a double on the the ledger with the temp standard place in you standard with the retun ledger you place the the single on the standard . sleve out both out side ledger were they meet again place a standard on this tg drawing of mine green is your temp standard, blue are your standards pink are your sleves the yellow box is were you need a few different sized board the grey line on the yellow box si were you would start you return flight this oic may help SPLAY.jpg

Thats how i would base a splay marra...

yeah wouldn't do it with sep towers normally I know need a few different sized boards for it to work and a bit of feking about but when its done does looks great and only the normal lap you get on a return non of this lapped form tower to tower stuff

I like doing them, like you say when its done right they look the dogs..but even now i work with lads that shy away from them. They are a head scratcher if you've never done one especially when you do liquid tanks, but hey its sorts the real scaffs out fron the wanna b's....lol

I like doing them, like you say when its done right they look the dogs..but even now i work with lads that shy away from them. They are a head scratcher if you've never done one especially when you do liquid tanks, but hey its sorts the real scaffs out fron the wanna b's....lol

the first time I had to do 1 was just me and a lab and it was an internal splay if that makes sense was only 3 or 4 angles I done it this way because it was the only way I could see it been done other than the towers method only problem was we had to lap the hand rails other than that was a pukka job the inside boads was a bit of a fekign nightmare if I remember with it beneb inside and not out side the splay

The worst thing about splays is getting your boarding right,offseting the standards makes the job all fit together correctly,however when you come to board the thing,half the time they don't fit lol,i always used to board the base lift as I was going,fecking nightmare them offset standards:cry:

I'm perplexed that we're even having this conversation here. Are some of you more experienced people with a few years under your belt seriously saying you don't know how to do a splay?

As said before as long as the clipped ledger is on top of the ledger fixed with doubles (just like a return ) yer laughing . HSWT you stick to towers :blink1:

8 ft x 5 ft independent 2 different size butts to get the angles one butt inside one butt outside just bend the butts to suit the span of tank probably the only thing that i ever learnte on the cisrs course :laugh:

I have done a complete 360 with 8 foot ledgers and bent spigots, worked a treat .

we done 2 splays last week that where on a big bay window and the inside ledger had to be bridled , was a lot of head scratching but we got it in the end
:laugh:

we used the bent spigots years ago at dungerness in the reactor for the same thing phill they work a treat mate!!! probably wouldnt let you do it now as its not safe lol!!! but they work fine phill there die with the olde school mate

They did mate ,all you needed was an extra butt joint transom and you had a really neat job.
We used to do them with bands and plates as well which was always a bit messy

They did mate ,all you needed was an extra butt joint transom and you had a really neat job.
We used to do them with bands and plates as well which was always a bit messy

always remember this job years ago phill on dungerness a nuclear station i was working with animal that comes on here we were doing this job inside the reactor same thing bent spigots it was for some blade in a well shaped hole. as you had to be monitored in due to radiation the harness was sealed in a plastic bag with your spanners. when i opened the plastic bag the land line was missing so rather than me and animal get monitored out which took ages animal tied the lead from a hoover that was in there round my waste lol!!! you would get shot now if that happened most firms have banned spigots so the bent ones would be a no no now:laugh:

You can still get away with a bit of kidology dico, most people policing our sites are lucky if they can spell their own name let alone notice a hoover cable attached to a harness.:D

Or glasses with NO lens in :laugh:

I had a discussion with a site manager about gloves , i cut all the fingers of and he pulled me , i said well iam wearing the things where does it say they have to cover your fingers , got away with it for weeks ;)

err phill i kid you not we had this bloke called troll on a outage years ago he did the same thing took the lences out the glases and got caught they throw him off sight cost him thosands on that outage lol!!

Still makes me laugh thinking about the wee old boy cutting about the rig yard without a lens in his frame. :D

was working for FK Pylon years ago and the sight insisted on hard hats ( old school days )
there was a Jamaican fella there called the Predator with huge dread locks and the hard hat would go on his head , so he pulled the webbing out the hat and tied it around his chin with a piece of string , i can still see the mad man now what a sight he looked

lol!!! now hes makeing reggae reggae sauce hes name wernte levi roots woz it lmfao!!

Top Bottom