splayed temp roof.

frederik

Reaction score
First time ive seen one. A rounded corner block of flats,single roof.
Looked like 3 seperate b.cages,but had 2 open sections on the front to be closed up, wedge shaped about 12ft front to nothing at the back.Been mulling it over but handing it to theforum. Short of cutting tins to shape and sticking in a vally Hows this done??

Design might help......only kidding fred...

Tough one pal, cant say i've seen one done before myself.

Last edited:
I saw a splayed hanger next to Battersea dogs home last year, same principles I suppose for the based truss, looked very impressive

I am a new man

I am a new man in scaffolder forum.:bigsmile:
Hope I can learn more from here.:rolleyes:

Without seeing a plan or sketch, this is a tough one to comment on. Sorry Fred.

Is there a auto cad correspondence course available online available
Does anyone know of one? Thanks in advance

Loads of tutorials on Youtube, which is pretty much the same as you'd learn on the City & Guilds course.

You can download a free trial from the AutoDesk website too so you can get a feel for it.

I would guess you'd have to square it off,has the roof got to follow the roof curve?if not should be easy enough to build it square(famous last words lol)it would mean a bigger roof area,but it is what it is,if that's not possible,let your designer do the headscratching;)

What is a splay? Would someone care to enlighten me please.

Its a scaffold built to odd angles,like bay windows, hex etc. ledgers lapped on corner standards with wraps and a check. or supplementary coupler for the designers.:D

Still can't work it out, could someone upload a picture please.

Imagine putting a job around a fifty pence piece, take no notice of checking singles, we all build seperate jobs and link them together with load bearing couplers,,,,, ahem :wondering:

Right angled coupler generally only good for the., right angle.:D

Ill try to get some picks of the job. just for you rc.;)

ya can still use doubles for splays ya nee to put ya clip on the standard rather than ledger simple just like a normal return but need a few dummy standafrs an all

Top Bottom