Soon yer main card will be system

Can you bring unplanned pipe work through the boarded lift at any point?

yes you have extenable boards and transoms that sit on ledgers so can put the boards up tight to the pipes, like i said before companies just get the main compontents

Never ever seen the extendable boards, never done much with Layher but that is a new one on me.

the extendable boards are 1.57m that expand to 2.57m

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

i sure there is a smaller one too

Sounds good, how do the transoms work are they underslung?

They have deck to deck transoms and deck to ledger transoms as well, good stuff.

no they got a u shape end on that sit on ledger and bang the pin in and its solid

Ok, what about if a standard or ledger was in the way off pipework, t&f would be simple enough what would the procedure be for Layher?

No matter what system you use it is modular in its manufacture, that renders it useless when major adaptions are needed, sure you can use fancy brackets but they cost more than a major component and no two adaptions will be the same so youll need to buy yet another bit. Not as good as T&F, never has been and never will be.

aye there just liek 1/2 of a swivel with a pin that the standard sit in but again you stuck with the bay sides and the standar that needs punched up over the other end of the bay might have the same problem pipe could be goo but some jobs its not even worth considering

Your right marra, there are many pretenders to the throne but T&F is just hard to beat despite these new fangled regulations.

I'm not sure that will always be the case though the way things are going.

Your right marra, there are many pretenders to the throne but T&F is just hard to beat despite these new fangled regulations.

I'm not sure that will always be the case though the way things are going.

the only way it will chance is if every thing eles is design round the system scaffold and that aint gonna happen t&f will always be king system does have its place but its on stright runs for the roof/job that won need to be adapted

Not sure marra, you do get a bit more scope following manufacturers guidelines than following tg20, could be the difference between getting the job and not.

I am great believer in Tube & Fitting and would have not been a great advocater of system scaffold. I learned my Trade in UK 25 years ago and have been in Perth, Australia for 6 months using system where the company has all the various sizes of components. I must say that it is very flexible to the majority of jobs (not all) especially if the company has the correct mix of components - It is fast.

And complies with the regulations a lot easier. I couldn't be without both and maybe even see a wee niche in the market as the tubing scaffs become a rare bread. Every cloud and all that.

those extendable boards are killers,hated using them in the states,how they passed the kite mark over here is beyond me,i like the staging and rolling cantilevered bridge

Last edited:
had an idea the best of both world system and tube tube got tillte tag for you doubbles to go between maby only sticks out 2 maby 3 mm and same again high so it can allowe doublle on doubble on doubbe so there no need for a tape any more :laugh: aye its 15 tags a lift

Good luck with that one marra.:unsure:

un sure the only resemblance to system will be the fact you use jacks then its tube a fitting with a little help with tags so no leveling needed after that only plumbing its a no brainer lol and with the tag 4 inch apart you could do any job and if it does need to be tight swivel it lol

Top Bottom