Soon yer main card will be system

Sounds like sprint only the tags are 500mm apart the same as system, have you seen that?

It's not sprint but can't fekin remember, 10 foot standards, jacks and double arms but you still had to tranny it out for boards.

Sounds like sprint only the tags are 500mm apart the same as system, have you seen that?

It's not sprint but can't fekin remember, 10 foot standards, jacks and double arms but you still had to tranny it out for boards.

never herd of it marra was just thinking how to get best of both worlds ad still want 21's in amongst it thow needs more tag than every 500 then it gets around the problem of system ya stuck to every 500 ad be calling it marra na all lol

I had to phone a friend there marra, how fekin sad is that but it was called Trans Fix.

I had to phone a friend there marra, how fekin sad is that but it was called Trans Fix.

lol crnt find it on the net lol its nut sad i come up with lodza stuff had idea for magnetic wall peper for events halls etc rubber magnet nail or stuck to to wall and wall paper produced with like a magnetic tin foil to the paper no pasting no scrapping peel off number roll up and store untill its some time and time for a fresh look got laffed at for weeks about it lol and then sods law some 1 find somthing similar on the net but more to do with sticking shapes logos to the wall as a pose to the paper 1 day ill get that urika moment suntill then am still turning lol

Keep at it marra and we will see you on the den one day. As for the trans fix I had a wee search myself but found fook all, maybe Scaffy or some others will remember it, they might know it under another name though.

hi guys, layher is just as versatile as t+f as long as the company has all the components which most companies have just the main stuff

Layer is by far the best system, but do you know the price of the stuff remember a few yrs back a 4m layer standard was almost 100euro; you can buy a 4m tube for 15 euro...

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

the extendable boards are 1.57m that expand to 2.57m

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

i sure there is a smaller one too

Can you explain to me please what you are talking about I have used layer for years and have used every component you can think of, and I’m sorry but I don’t have a clue what you are talking about extendable boards, layer use steel pans, the sizes are 500mm/700mm/1m/1.5m/2m/2.5m and you can also get them in 3m,

---------- Post added 17th August 2012 at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th August 2012 at 11:08 PM ----------

Layher UK

Layher UK - Brochures

Last edited:
Layer is by far the best system, but do you know the price of the stuff remember a few yrs back a 4m layer standard was almost 100euro; you can buy a 4m tube for 15 euro...

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Can you explain to me please what you are talking about I have used layer for years and have used every component you can think of, and I’m sorry but I don’t have a clue what you are talking about extendable boards, layer use steel pans, the sizes are 500mm/700mm/1m/1.5m/2m/2.5m and you can also get them in 3m,

---------- Post added 17th August 2012 at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th August 2012 at 11:08 PM ----------

Layher UK

Layher UK - Brochures

You can get extendable boards and ledgers, I've used them before, go on the website I think they are on there mate

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

And the sizes are 0,73m, 1,09m, 1.4m 1.57m 2,07m, 2.57m and 3,07m

those extendable boards are killers,hated using them in the states,how they passed the kite mark over here is beyond me,i like the staging and rolling cantilevered bridge

Are you on about the sender extendable boards and that push out in a scissor type motion joebag? That's not layher is it?

You can get extendable boards and ledgers, I've used them before, go on the website I think they are on there mate

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

And the sizes are 0,73m, 1,09m, 1.4m 1.57m 2,07m, 2.57m and 3,07m

Are you talking about the transom that sits on ledger to pan, so you can put for instance 2x 1m pans in a 2m bay, to allow the access for internal ladders?

I use system on an oil refinery and is a pile of ****. Ok on stright runs and thats it. Will never take over

I use system on an oil refinery and is a pile of ****. Ok on stright runs and thats it. Will never take over

Was running the scaffolding on a LNG construction job. 60% T&F and 40% Layher. All on a schedule of rates with the Layher being considerably less than T&F. Unfortunately the contract stated that we had to provide the least expensive method to the client where possible. Therefore the client could force us to maintain the 40% of system meaning we would have to scaffold modules etc with Layher when T&F would have been the sensible way due to numbers of obstructions etc.Thus using the system would take longer and we would lose profit. Layher always insist that their system can be used anywhere which may be true but it doesnt mean it will always be profitable.

Was running the scaffolding on a LNG construction job. 60% T&F and 40% Layher. All on a schedule of rates with the Layher being considerably less than T&F. Unfortunately the contract stated that we had to provide the least expensive method to the client where possible. Therefore the client could force us to maintain the 40% of system meaning we would have to scaffold modules etc with Layher when T&F would have been the sensible way due to numbers of obstructions etc.Thus using the system would take longer and we would lose profit. Layher always insist that their system can be used anywhere which may be true but it doesnt mean it will always be profitable.

Very good point.

I do believe a good upto date system such as Layher can do any job a tube and fitting scaffold can...whether or not it's the best solution taking all things into consideration, not least the cost of all the fancy components, is another matter.

One thing I don't think has been mentioned is the problem of ties. System in general needs more ties than tube and fitting. This is mainly due to the non-continuous horizontals (ledgers) and omission of ledger braces.

For example sheet a system scaffold...and it needs to be tied EVERY lift and EVERY frame - I.e: every node. Show me a building where thats possible...

Having said that I am a fan of system, it has it's advantages not least from a practical viewpoint but also for design - again I'm talking about good modern systems such as Layher and Plettac...NOT Kwikstage, horrible stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom