Sg20:13

big john

Reaction score
The new regs are out, should make an interesting read, anyone know how you get a booklet?
Cheers

The new regs are out, should make an interesting read, anyone know how you get a booklet?
Cheers

I shouldn't think it will be long until they are available on their website.

everybody i have spoken to who have seen the draft have said that its going to be a good change for the industry, here's hoping it is!

I wonder how long the transition period will be from 20:08 to 20:13, the HSE must have a date in mind?

Last edited:
I bet they wont put back in the allowance of teaversing the tube for your handrail instead of using these godforsaken shiit steps.

see I don't understand the step you can stand on a 22inch square tressle to work off clipped on so why the fek cant you stand on a full deck of boards clipped on do these stupid feckers know how heavy a king kong is they haven't a clue with common-sense with some aspects of the job if you only have a lab with you on certain days all he can do his stand and watch you struggle your bellocks off its absolute madness they have you strapped up like a bondaged whores client now, an eligibility is a must in this game you need to move in a free manner with all this shyte you have to wear sometimes you cannot even get to your spanner without fumbling around its like two gunslingers going at it with their guns strapped in the holsters you wouldn't tolerate it,It compares to a open heart surgeon trying to operate an intricate op with mittens on its never going to happen and it would be a matter of time before there was a death sometimes too much ppe is more of an hindrance than a safety aspect its ok them bringing out these regs sat on their trumpet they should try the practical side of it and find how hard it is to meet requirements of the individual companies I just don't think not every job is blue book where you can take as long as you like putting a job up what a fecken mess they are creating

I bet they wont put back in the allowance of teaversing the tube for your handrail instead of using these godforsaken shiit steps.

I very much doubt it as well, i cant see that being changed till the next revision of SG4:10 if at all!!!

I suppose the way they see it is that you cant trust scaffolders to clip on so put something there before they get up. :sad:

Ive heard snippet of it - for instance,everdently your now allowed to havevur joiners in the same bays....strange that,just like the old days.;)

Apparently theres a new reg comeing out next year that you cant bump the scaffold out with gear unless you lock it away on a cage or fix it as you errect so no more bumping the scaffold out for next lift or next day more work for the scaffolder and more scaffold to add to a job dont no if this applies to other trades another kick in the go nads for the scaffolder wonder whos gana paye for the extra scaffolding for this or will it just be extra work

That'll be extra time on a job that customers wont be willing to pay for, thus putting extra pressure on us to still complete jobs on time and budget. The mind boggles that these new regs are thought up of ex scaffs/ current scaffs you woukd think they would want our job to be fecking easier not harder.

I have had a quick squint at it and in section 21:B it states that "Bombing " if controlled and under the supervision of a competent person is permissible

Now that is just opening a can of worms, i think i can count maybe 7-8 scaffs that i can trust with my lufe whilst bombing. Half these kids today think their competant and yet are still wet behind the ears. Can see accidents arrising more.

I read that as well phil - clever the way they call it gravity assisted dismantling though instead of bombing lol. I just wish theyd make their minds up about facade bracing i cant believe its now continuous & only 1 per elevation....& i dont care what they say but i'm leaving the instalation of hoists up to the engineers & not aving nothing to do wiv em

And no stated length to the elevation just " Per Elevation "
The section regarding the hoist is crazy " the scaffolder installing the hoist must be fully qualified in electrical testing "

Hoists used to be part of the job when I started as a scaff , they were a fecking nightmare

if you have a week or a month pass it down in the appropriate way if its on the day to day basis like every body works bomb the base any body that don't bomb the base must put a massive price in or are on men and matirials!!

I like section 23 paragraph 2

"Wherever possible erect a leaner to eliminate the need for ties"

Top Bottom