SENT HOME, what would you expect!!!!

TRUSS OUT

Reaction score
On Sunday in Central London, 8 or 9 lads were told to stop work and go home, by the principal contractor.
The reason, on Saturday night 2 lads were mugged, 1 got stabbed, the other jumped over the hoarding of a site and hid in the building to get away from them, and fell asleep as he hid, when the lads started work Sunday morning, this lad came into the office, blood pissing everywhere from the kicking he had taken from the night before, the police had put a barrier right around the lillywhites building and the site, the lads were allowed in to start work, but when the lad came out and the police found out, they shut the job down and sent everyone home, so they could do a sweep of the building and make sure no one else was in there, and so they could do forensics on all the blood everywhere.
The lads have been told they might not be paid for the Sunday, they worked 2 hours, the shift was 8-4 pm
What would you expect!!!!!!
I won't name the scaffold firm yet, but I will if the lads don't get paid.

I know lyndons are around there...or next door... but they are a good firm

If the contractor sends the men home, he will still have to pay up. The foreman should of sorted it...

Get the police to actually do their job and catch the baddies, prosecute them and pay the scaffs with this money. Why should the scaffold company and the building company be liable for somebody breaking into their locked site at night ? The scaffold company will pay them for their time on site, but as they didn't work a full shift they aren't entitled to one. Sounds harsh but its about the strength of it, make the criminals pay.

pc shoudl be covering wages and probbly will but if you get that off the gaffer who knows

have a heart Russ,I think someone was trying to kill him hence the break in.lol

have a heart Russ,I think someone was trying to kill him hence the break in.lol
Get him to pay then, seeing as the site saved his life, small price to pay 8 blokes wages. Sorry Frederik, having spent 20 years working in London I don't have a lot of sympathy for the bloke hiding, no doubt he was foreign involved in some kind of gang crime. The poor old scaffs loose out because of the actions of a bunch of Saturday night Muppets with too much drink in them

Foreign!! was probly casing the job for the tube. Hope he didnt bleed on it!!

I done a job next to the Libyan embassy and the protesters in the park opposite invaded the site trying to get in next door..... Fook this we thought and done one and still got paid so they should be ok well they bloody should do!!!!

West end at night ain't all laughter both on a night out and working and yep truss if they don't pay em name and shame the sods

It's not looking good for the lads, and this firm say they are the best firm in the country.

Lyndon I take it? We got a black flag due to high winds, sent home then docked pay. If you can't go to work due to the pc's own safety measures (even though most of the work was inside) then i don't hold out much hope for these lads getting their dough.

These things happen, I'd at least meet them halfway or else you end up with a workforce that won't do you any favours when you need them most.

Offer them a full shift at normal time plus any travel Pip.

they should at least give them half of the shift plus digs plus travel and a couple of scratch cards to rub away whilst stuck in traffic in the smoke or perhaps they should divide p181s bonus
where is 181 costa del bournmouth again

What's the worse thing that could happen?

His bonus gets cut and Bert's Guesthouse gets an empty bed for an extra night.

But I'm planning on spending the Easter holidays in Bournemouth :(

Top Bottom