School boy error

It's really only the Glasgow scaffs I have seen doing it like that. I'm not saying they are the only ones, just can't think of anyone else.

None whatsoever matey, I knew you were a Glasgow scaff, is the centre's really just showing the inside standard being done?

Got to be honest, that does surprise me, I suppose they would laugh their socks off at some of the things we do.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Don't tell me it's all butts is it, seen a few do that as well?

That scaffold looks a simple house front. Aint aberdeens more for monoflexed scaffolds.

debris netting or any job where you need to get the load up a bit really.

I used to do all our jobs with them but kind of gave up after a few years but still wonder if singles are not load bearing why do we get away with doing it?

Has anybody thought the deliberate mistake might be the old centre out of the sleeve trick
that may make sense of a scaffolder right beside the disgrace taking a photo.
Come on you lot are making us all look thick.

not sure what you mean , but the clue if anybody needed one , was the bottom left of the pic , the photo is called "tie" and the thread starter confirmed the mistake

you obviously dont know the sleeve trick then
its an oldie but a goodie

lol , dont think i do , go on enlighten me , always wanting to learn.

ok then,
you knock the centre out of the sleeve then you slide the sleeve along the tube (in this case the tie tube) and let everycant who comes after you slag you off
its better done with a 4ft top out when you undo the sleeve it just slides down the upright and yer man is shitting himself trying to catch the balance ;)
do you catch my drift

nice one , have to do that sometime next year , when i get myself a job , lol

ok then,
you knock the centre out of the sleeve then you slide the sleeve along the tube (in this case the tie tube) and let everycant who comes after you slag you off
its better done with a 4ft top out when you undo the sleeve it just slides down the upright and yer man is shitting himself trying to catch the balance ;)
do you catch my drift

Not very practical and not very safe...I could think of better places for playing games other than on a scaffold. That’s how accidents get caused

Perfectly acceptable if you trap the sleeve with the doubles.. :laugh:

What do you mean trap the sleeve; do you mean bite the sleeve with a double?

Or just put a double either side of the sleeve?

Last edited:
strikin a 60 by 20 tower one day came to the first hemp 40ft up over bond st in central london undone the sleve no middle init luckly the 21 stayed put but if it had of gone no way i could of held it didnt think that was funny

yes its a trick but also bad practice.its been done for the photo.
lighten up jonny joband knock wasnt condoning it he was explaining the photo that no one else seemed to suss including yerself ;)

Top Bottom