School boy error

dangeruss

Reaction score
Spot the school boy error.

Attachments

• tie 001.jpg
    tie 001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 272
i get slated at work for tieing over two standards wth 5/6's lol could be worse the could of put a doubble ither side of the sleve ahahahha

thats a nice tie (no 5's left or what
Its the sort of ***** that you see all the time these days where we are. Young lads with a couple of years experience who are "scaffs" and want top money for knowing f*ck all.

dangeruss trust me its not just where you are
those top dollar lads are all over the place
MUPPETS

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

At least he didnt stick a single over the top of the gutter

Here's a question for the engineers. Does a scaffold need to be tied across the width of the scaffold or is it just good practice.

Tony Mason,

it's not an engineers question,it's bog standard knowledge for any scaffolder

"Does a scaffold need to be tied across the width of the scaffold"

YES

Here's a question for the engineers. Does a scaffold need to be tied across the width of the scaffold or is it just good practice.

of course,if its going to get hit with something it will more than likely be hit on the outside

we rarely tie through both standards,can probably count on one hand the amount of jobs weve done it on and that includes when i was at scaffschool

What the fek is scaffschool????????
Does that include training centre's??

Arghhh Shucks, I give in....... anybody give me a lil ol clue what's wrong. is it because theres a thingy their and it should be a longy?:D

johnnybegood no im not just out of scaffschool its closed on a saturday

Its Sunday were I am mate, every good scaff know you tie your outside leg. Standard whenever you can were you can…so don’t believe everything they thought you at scaff school

if they tell me the inside legs fine at the ncc il accept that as you cant even climb onto the scaffstep without hooking on its that strict in there so il take theyr word for it and most jobs ive done and almost every job i see is tied on inside that will do me

tieing inside leg would be fine if using readylock i would say but i still tie over two legs with it tube and fitt i defo would

It's recommended that you tie through both inside and outside standards. Even with animals you woulds probably have to prove it to a safety guy

if they tell me the inside legs fine at the ncc il accept that as you cant even climb onto the scaffstep without hooking on its that strict in there so il take theyr word for it and most jobs ive done and almost every job i see is tied on inside that will do me

Look at it like this, what you are saying is most defiantly correct, on most building sites you will see only the inside leg tied especially on Yellow jelly because a longer tube is almost a hazard because it comes below the star on your standard, on them type of jobs you always use single tie in the centre and double at the ends were it won’t be a hazard. On most tube jobs you can tie double standard as you can put your lift slightly higher than 2m.

But always remember 2 doubles is stronger than 1, so if the inside double was to come loose for any reason the outside would support the tying tube and vice versa,90% of the time a suspended load from a crane will hit the outside of the scaffold.

Top Bottom