scarf

Still know it as a scarf. On a standard tho,never a ledger. Still call it a petrol cutter

any one heard the word spurr lash its used when strikeing over water lol!!!

Whizzer??? thats a todger aint it??lol

Spurr lash Dico, thats a cup o rosie aint it ?

Last edited:
Yea wizzer looks like the old fireworks "Catherine wheels" (wizzers) when it is cutting tube

Scarf..Toppers...Hemps...all the same :eek:h: any over 1metre out with the wizzzer or use 16 foots :sad2: bad planning all the same if you are having to top out onto big un's :embarrest:

Yea wizzer looks like the old fireworks "Catherine wheels" (wizzers) when it is cutting tube

Scarf..Toppers...Hemps...all the same :eek:h: any over 1metre out with the wizzzer or use 16 foots :sad2: bad planning all the same if you are having to top out onto big un's :embarrest:

not if you work for firms that only send out 21's 8's and 5's. :nuts:

Scaff with a wiizzer,petrol or electric, would have to be wizzer trained now. :huh: courses about 75 quid. would also need,coshh ass,hotworks permit, manual handling trained, etc etcetera best get the old pipecutter /reamer out

I was taught by an old scaffolder 35 years ago that a scarf was a short tube fixed to strenghten a joint with 2 band & plate or 2 swivels, also called spliced or laminated

Yes Scarfe is the standard that is to be hemped up.
Excess tube on the ledgers is called needles.

Needles are the tubes that come out/off buildings when erecting cantilevers,

Never ever heard of a name for over long ledgers,

They should not be there in the first place :wacko:

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I was taught by an old scaffolder 35 years ago that a scarf was a short tube fixed to strenghten a joint with 2 band & plate or 2 swivels, also called spliced or laminated

I believe when using Rope and wood pole scaffolding, you placed the next standard along side the one you wanted to "top-out" and lashed it this action was known as scarfing.

We were hemping out on 3ft hemps

We were topping out on 3ft toppers

We were scarfing out on 3ft scarfs

All same King :D

Needles are the tubes that come out/off buildings when erecting cantilevers,

Never ever heard of a name for over long ledgers,

They should not be there in the first place :wacko:

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I believe when using Rope and wood pole scaffolding, you placed the next standard along side the one you wanted to "top-out" and lashed it this action was known as scarfing.

We were hemping out on 3ft hemps

We were topping out on 3ft toppers

We were scarfing out on 3ft scarfs

All same King :D

Ive hempt on to a 3ft scarf:cheesy:

I hate it when non- scaffolders call hemping up a tube: "Extending the pole" and when every fitting is called a 'clip'... :wacko:

how about " pigs ears " or " ***** clips" for singles

Top Bottom