scarf

jakdan

Reaction score
lads does anyone know what a "scarf" is in scaffolding terms, i dont know if that is the correct spelling? but it sounds like that.
some gobsh1te asked me the question and i didnt know the answer, i think its a southern thing? because he is a soft southern shandy drinking tossa;)

answers please! without the put it on your neck when its cold

its the spare on the standard, what you top off or hemp to, definitely not to be confused with the red and white bog roll you wear round your neck at the stadium of sh*te :nuts:

Last edited:
scarf?
yer heard it before down here, not really used nowdays anyway you northern monkey;)

There was a tread on here by Paddy I think about the old days and scaffs known as riggers this term was brought up in there if I remember rite it's the name for the tube left before topping out but goes back to the old days of lashing standards together

more commonally used to describe excess on tube down here, wether that be standard, ledger, brace or transom. But like i said ive not heard it used for ages

In Carlisle they call base pads packing :confused:

nappy bashers call a sleeve a "box",
i always thought a box was square? fukcing idiots:toung:

thanks allan and podger, worked with both of you and you weren't that clever then:nuts:

nappy bashers call a sleeve a "box",
i always thought a box was square? fukcing idiots:toung:

thanks allan and podger, worked with both of you and you weren't that clever then:nuts:

And I never had you down as an office jockey :)

down sarf' they call sleeves, joiners, as in "gis a bag of joiners", a half lap in newcastle is a clip or a single, though most people call by the latter these days. get wrong at work for calling the stihl saw "a petrol cutter" - another throwback to my time down south.

other phrases you don't hear are "they are paying good money", "it's a great job, you'll like it here" and "we're making a fortune"!

Top Bottom