Scaffolding yards

scaffman1

Reaction score
Hi chaps,
As I've posted on another thread, Im setting up a new yard, my racks are going to be about sixty feet long or so. I was wondering if any of you lads have photos of different configurations of scaffolding racks to give me something to think about.Cheers. My email address is kev@jrscaffolding.co.uk

You show me yours and I will show you mine.:love:

never use racks waste of gear , stillages and stillets then ya gear out earning mate

Christ whose the tight git now scaffy?:laugh:

scaffy your on the money stillets or h frames neat and tidy esay load racks dead money unless you have it to waste

never use racks waste of gear , stillages and stillets then ya gear out earning mate

It's a thought scaffy, cheers.

told you boys before transport and yard big cost -- minimize it
dropbeds hiabs forklifts ton bags stillits and stillages

scrap them unit beams ha ha

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

we have 30 blokes on at the mo , jobs all over the south and london all serviced with
1 x 7.5 ton , 1 x tractor unit with crane and 6 trailers

wahay - i must be a jock tite ass

and for everything else get the bonzoband out xxxx

i always build my racks so when the wagon is being loaded everything is just to hand , 5,6,7 fts are part of a rack that stands along where the passenger side of wagon is because when loading by hand thats where they always go, where the rear of the wagon is , where all long tube ( 8ft up to 21ft) some ladders , beams etc and at each side of rack is a board storing area because we load boards on each side of wagon, fittings are in the shed, everything else is banded into packs of 50 and stored. i build my racks with the standards at 900cntrs also ledgers at either 600 cntrs or 900 cntrs so as to aid in counting stock a 900 by 900 pod has 300 tubes in it a 900 by 600 pod stores 200 tubes :nuts:

usually just put 50 packs to stock mate , then can visualise xyz amount of packs x 50 as whats in stock , update the old xl spreadsheet , then abuse the ozone by spraying copulous amount of paint so as theres no doubt as to who owns it !!

scaffy that what i said we do with the rest of kit, but sometimes if very busy especially like around xmas time when most people want scaffold stripped the racks just get filled up and sorted at a later date , we use a proper security paint thats identifiable if stolen kit is recovered , im now wondering if you or anyone else on here uses the security paint and what thoughts they have about it :wondering:

scaffy that what i said we do with the rest of kit, but sometimes if very busy especially like around xmas time when most people want scaffold stripped the racks just get filled up and sorted at a later date , we use a proper security paint thats identifiable if stolen kit is recovered , im now wondering if you or anyone else on here uses the security paint and what thoughts they have about it :wondering:

We use the security paint from Maynells who changed their name to spencer coatings fairly recently.

yeh we use it from fpc (future protective coatings) never used in a court of law though , but we use pink and citrus haha , used to ramp me tube up and nail plate boards but never get the time now

Yeh we just fill stillets or band it strait on the forks mate , as you said

Thing is we use airless sprayers and you can get through some paint with them things , fortunatley the overspray goes everywhere hence why i have nice citrus enamel yellow strides and shoes !

Think we pay 4.75 a litre for security paint

I'm afraid we are still hand painting our gear, too much technology with airless spraying could bust ma heid.:D

ha - have u got electricity up that end yet ,,, they are the mutz them things , thro a pipe in 20 litre can of paint , prime it , off ya go with ya 100ft of hoze and nozzle

We are still using the standard scaff rack as well, tube is all in a shed and we can load a load of tube almost as quick as a load of system with forks and stillages. Funny thing is, we used to load and unload 40ft trailors without thinking, now we fire up the fork lift to load the piece bags.:toung:

yeah i think its future protective coatings we use, only thing is we found recently is that for it to be any good you have to actually find the kit ,:laugh:

ha - have u got electricity up that end yet ,,, they are the mutz them things , thro a pipe in 20 litre can of paint , prime it , off ya go with ya 100ft of hoze and nozzle

Scaffy, my new shed already looks like an episode of rainbow with George and bungle throwing paint everywhere, throw an airless sprayer in the mix and you have a disaster on your hands.:rolleyes: As for the electricity, we don't have it yet but we are hoping to get it soon.:cool:

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

"prime it"

I have something very similar to paint the garden fence though.:idea:

ha what u usin hamsters on treadmills , 3 ton telehandler mate 8ft fork extensions ha ha

Top Bottom