Scaffolders Worth.?

Dave why should do you think the scaffolders not be consulted on matters that concern them , or does there opinion not count in the world of HSE or NASC or CITB ?

best thing that happened to Gadaffi was when the USA bomb his palace that soon shut him up :)

you use the word democratic very handy word that aint it,we all have differing opinions ALL of us thats why consultations the best way i usually think to find a general consensus,i dont think consulting mr gadaffi on anything never mind democracy is a good idea.

Think i am trying to say, chance would be a fine thing, there is probably more chance of consultation in Libya with Mad Dog, than in good old Blighty with NASC & CISRS.:wondering:

im talking about steve having a consultation with the scaffolders to find the consensus on the matter from a scaffolders point before engaging in dialouge with the said bodies.

Celticbhoy

" We are already working on the plans for the SG4-15 with the recommendations which still need to be working out "

Is this what you are eluding too Celticbhoy ?, the above is as much of a revelation to me also.

The above implies that there is a Consultation already under way !, which is indeed news to me.

gar...

meerly the fact that it maybe benificial to approach the scaffs before going to the ruling bodies,as the outcome again affects us and as you well know in the past we the scaffs have been shut out of consultation on the guidance notes already in use thus the birth of the SCCR to make sure our voice is heard in all matters scaffolding.

Celticbhoy

I concur---the SCCR corner stone is Consultation.

To all Forum Members in General and SCCR Members and Sub-Com's in Particular.

Is there there a Consultation process underway to discuss the forthcoming SG Series of Documents ???.

Gar...

Think i am trying to say, chance would be a fine thing, there is probably more chance of consultation in Libya with Mad Dog, than in good old Blighty with NASC & CISRS.:wondering:

David

As has been stated, Rome wasnt built in a day, as a safety officer, you will know about the 'Right to be Consulted' requirement, so why the negative attitude?

Votes for women, will never happen !!!!!!
Titanic unsinkable!!!!!!!!!
NUFC selling Andy Carrol, never.

The SCCR is not a 'Whim and a Prayer' we are here for the duration. Dont forget you read it here First.

Regards
Paddy

SG guidance has been written by an industry body with 230 members!! By the end of this year we will have more then we can write them!!!! Or not?:unsure:

i have no doubt we have the right people taking this issue forward and that there will be a comprehensive consultation with forum\sccr members to gleam a consensus to take forward in discussions with the ruling bodies who at present are tasked to write the guidence notes.i would also hope the said people who are charged with writing the sg-15 notes listen and take heed of the sccr delegation and the facts they put to them.

Dave why should do you think the scaffolders not be consulted on matters that concern them , or does there opinion not count in the world of HSE or NASC or CITB ?

best thing that happened to Gadaffi was when the USA bomb his palace that soon shut him up :)

Phillio I am all for consultation for the working man on the street and i strongly beleive that the scaffolding fraternaty are moving forward in the right direction by showing solidarity and unity that has resulted in the formation of the SCCR, to act as the voice and represent the scaffs in consultations on industry issues with the powers to be ie. NASC, HSE, CISRS, that inadvertantly affect the scaffolders liverly hoods & as always health safety and welfare. Unity is the key in the battle ahead.
But i would say you's are breaking ground and making an exellent start.:bigsmile:

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

David

As has been stated, Rome wasnt built in a day, as a safety officer, you will know about the 'Right to be Consulted' requirement, so why the negative attitude?

Votes for women, will never happen !!!!!!
Titanic unsinkable!!!!!!!!!
NUFC selling Andy Carrol, never.

The SCCR is not a 'Whim and a Prayer' we are here for the duration. Dont forget you read it here First.

Regards
Paddy

Paddy my negative attitude and cynicism is aimed at the powers to be not at the scaff fraternaty.

Stick to your principles and morals, and you cant go wrong.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw5Vcnjv5Bo]YouTube - Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the heart live 1984[/ame]

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

some intresting and valid points today especially concerning the sccr debate ,personally i would keep any issues and debates within the boundarys of this forum 1000+ members and growing speaks for itself to open another forum facebook for example cauld dilute and weaken are goals.

Ken mate,with all due respect, the Forum has 5,750 plus members.

might be an expensive idea, but to help with bringing in new members, raising revenue , and getting the S.C.C.R name an mission statement out to as many people as possible .

could do a yearly, half yearly or quarterly newspaper type thing get people to advertise in it , and give it away free to as many scaffold type companies, or construction companies, builders merchants you think are worth giving it too

could send multiple copies to scaffolding companies so they handed out to employees.

probably expensive like i say but probably get thousands to look into the sccr if done right

Top Bottom