Scaffolders Worth.?

I think if the SCCR could provide a training services for members at a fair price then that could raise revenue and recognition just a thought lads :)

hi phill hope your well good point i think its worth looking at but again its the cost wages if we could team up with training centers that may be a route

Dave

I could not a agree with you more, your enthusiasm is a credit to you and welcome to the Offshore Sub-Com Im looking forward to working with you.

Gar...

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

phillio

Good point---could we improve on the current Training Regime ? ( would not be too hard eh ). Simple Answer : YES WE CAN.

gar...

Hell dave mate i teach scuba diving and we now teach on-line all the theory and the students only come in for a final exam and to do the practical learning , cuts the lesson times down by half. Also i can look after a lot more students at once and i am always available via email to answer any questions and give help and advise. Thats your classroom sorted , then why cant lads be taught at members yards until such time as you can rent or buy a place . You could teach so many different types of stuff on-line the list is endless :)

Hell dave mate i teach scuba diving and we now teach on-line all the theory and the students only come in for a final exam and to do the practical learning , cuts the lesson times down by half. Also i can look after a lot more students at once and i am always available via email to answer any questions and give help and advise. Thats your classroom sorted , then why cant lads be taught at members yards until such time as you can rent or buy a place . You could teach so many different types of stuff on-line the list is endless :)

im ok mate good point but wouldnt there be somthing for scaffolding like that already it sounds good that would be perfect solution no more 2 weeks at centers just the one day yeah thats not a bad idea at all:cool:

Great advice there Phillo and very practical. On a lighter note there could be an opening and a good earner for you in recovery of all that gear dropped into the north sea, just send you trainees out there for their final exams. HA HA.

phillio

You certainly got something there great idea :idea:---could we set up a Cyber School ???

You got mi thought bubbles going now phillio.

What would we include in the curriculum ??? apart form the Tasks and Topics already emitted by the CITB ect...

Gar...

No reason why you cant link it onto the SCCR website its called e-learning with the diving
and it works a treat Welcome to PADI eLearning just think you could reach out to everyone in every corner of the country and all they have to do is come to a place to do their practical skills Garry might be a good idea not to give to much information out on here as to your plans or ideas as you dont now whos looking in

phillio

Your right, I keep forgetting that there are those with very little morals and with less honourable intentions are Monitoring and Watching this Site :mad:. However, it shows that we are a threat to them and perhaps we should be flattered. Nevertheless, perhaps, exploratory brain storming discussions should be undertaken via personal e-mail address's or PM's ???.

Gar...

The way the SCCR has been built is to offer the support needed to the scaffolding industry.

First we had ECITB, we have made great progress with this, then came SG4 2010 again we made a differance.

We are not a union & will never be. We are going to get scaffolders recorgnised as skilled labour again & develop working practices into the sectors we work to be able to make a good living.

At the same time no one is safe in the SCCR all positions are voted on by the membership, you chose!!

You have a say in what we do.

This is our year :cool:

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

Just one on the train at company yards i have a copy that i can Email on request with the requirments for training schools not saying you cant but the requirements will be hard to get past the inspection team.
I am not just saying this because i am looking to open a training centre. If i get the school up and running i will defo offer good rates to SCCR and Forrum members.

All the best with your venture Andy.

I never became part of the SCCR to form a union. The reason it was set up in first place was because of how let down everybody felt by the industry they work in.
People have got the feeling that I am anti NASC which is completely wrong its the way they sell themselves which is wrong.
I myself am fully committed for health and safety together building us a better industry as a whole but this can only be fully achieved by working together as a whole package and not the its them against us idea. This would never work. We are already working on the plans for SG4-15 with the reccomendations which still need working on.
1 thing I will be going for will be the SG4 rail increased to the double guardrail on all lifts. Which will reduce the need for harnesses even further but to get that far we have to consult with NASC and CISRS and make this industry the best in the world. Looking back to 10 years ago the industry as a whole has taken a massive foot forward in safety but there are always improvements to be made. As I would imagine everybody would agree with.
Consultation starts with lads who are doing it day by day. If you dont feel that way then I will stand down tomorrow. Your either with us or not. Just remember Rome wasnt built in a day but the end product looked amazing in the end.

Steve
Anyone that wants to save lifes get's my vote mate. There are lots i dont think are rite well not rite nor wrong more like they bring new rules and regs out but it cost's the lads. If they are going to change then send out information to home address, cost's nothing theses days to burn a CD thinking about SG4:10 etc.
but good luck and you have my full backing.

some intresting and valid points today especially concerning the sccr debate ,personally i would keep any issues and debates within the boundarys of this forum 1000+ members and growing speaks for itself to open another forum facebook for example cauld dilute and weaken are goals.

its already been done. shame all the info come via here anyway...

ps time for a tickle tonic with dickie,nigel,mick at the snuff quarry diddy mans club toodlepip.

maybe at some point in the near future we would maybe consult the scaffolders on implementation of the double handrail before having consultations with the nasc or cisrs,maybe us SCAFFOLDERS have an opinion too.

maybe at some point in the near future we would maybe consult the scaffolders on implementation of the double handrail before having consultations with the nasc or cisrs,maybe us SCAFFOLDERS have an opinion too.

Celticbhoy that would be like Col Gaddaffi asking the 100 protesters shot today if they wanted a democratic election in Libya, as a die in wish.:suspicious:

you use the word democratic very handy word that aint it,we all have differing opinions ALL of us thats why consultations the best way i usually think to find a general consensus,i dont think consulting mr gadaffi on anything never mind democracy is a good idea.

Top Bottom