scaffolders in the 1980s

I Always Try To Remember How Much Me And The Bread Knife Struggled At The Start, It Was Hard, But Your Children Dont Ask To Be Born And No One Should Give You A Living You Have To Make Your Own Way In The World. And Make The Best Of What You Have Got.

Did your mortgage pan out ok as mine didnt I've just had a 6k short fall on one and in sept I think I have got a 5k short fall on another I've been ripped of I think

6,000 nish gary sum have got thosands to paye knew you had some propertys lol!!!

Gary We Have A £7000 Shortfall But We Knew That For Years So Have It Covered From Our Savings, I Know Couples That Have Had To Take Out Second Mortgages To Cover The Shortfall What A Nightmare.

imagine what aom has!!!! the 1980 must have been good for him bet he owns streets lol!!!

They were great days,but the money was not as good as you boys had it,not in the north west anyway,far more was earned during the nineties in my experience,had a good stint on a bhp gas terminal on permanent nights and also blue book on other sites for nss,money nosedived as soon as we hit the noughties,the problem being that our industry is so overloaded nowadays with company's and trained men that all the extra competition drives the rates down,and I cant ever see them getting back to where they should be as there's a growing list of men and company's joining our ranks almost daily,back in the day descent scaff's were fairly rare and thus our money was descent to secure your service's,now it seems everyones a feckin scaffolder and it'll only get worse:sad:

Gary The Property Was Cheap By South Of England Prices But The Wages Were Low As Well (In Fact The Wages Are Still Low)

They were great days,but the money was not as good as you boys had it,not in the north west anyway,far more was earned during the nineties in my experience,had a good stint on a bhp gas terminal on permanent nights and also blue book on other sites for nss,money nosedived as soon as we hit the noughties,the problem being that our industry is so overloaded nowadays with company's and trained men that all the extra competition drives the rates down,and I cant ever see them getting back to where they should be as there's a growing list of men and company's joining our ranks almost daily,back in the day descent scaff's were fairly rare and thus our money was descent to secure your service's,now it seems everyones a feckin scaffolder and it'll only get worse:sad:
Well said big fish

things have changed so much since the 1980s!!! if you were on overtime after work on the industrial sector !!! it was give you £80 to get that done or £120 for a hour or so work!!!! these days will never come back but glad some had it!!!

imagine what aom has!!!! the 1980 must have been good for him bet he owns streets lol!!!

I'm afraid I was the proverbial donkey Dico, a bit of a late bloomer. I was happy staying local in those days and by the time we hit the big smoke the bubble had already burst and there was more money to be had back in Scotland. I made up for it since then though.:cool:

I spent the 80s working on price mostly , and we where always pushed hard to
" Just Fu king get it up " as long as it was safe no one gave a fu ck , great money ,great music , they where my glory days for sure ;)

If you were any good you could use your open ender as a mini crowbar but never had to as if you were any good the tube you wanted was always on the top of the pile.;)

Only if the guy who loaded the wagon was any good,and if you were any good you'd have the correct tool for the job,and if I was any good i'd be project managing a prestigious project in sunnier climes:eek:anyway i'd love to chew the fat but I've got an 18t wagon that needs fixing using just a podger;)

Top Bottom