Scaffolder looking to leave Britain to AUS for good

Frisk86

Reaction score
Alright all, I'm a pt2 scaffolder been running my fathers scaffolding company for 2 years now, scaffolding for 8 years but I'm ready for a fresh challenge with my wife and two children, have friends in Perth AUS, would love to get over there to start a new life!. Would appriciate any help or advice, thankyou Sean austin AUSTIN SCAFFOLDING LTD

Think you would be better asking an immigration consultant, than asking on here mate, jobs should be easy enough to get, its getting over thats harder, you got a criminal record ? enough funds ? etc... good luck.

Alright all, I'm a pt2 scaffolder been running my fathers scaffolding company for 2 years now, scaffolding for 8 years but I'm ready for a fresh challenge with my wife and two children, have friends in Perth AUS, would love to get over there to start a new life!. Would appriciate any help or advice, thankyou Sean austin AUSTIN SCAFFOLDING LTD

Hello mate.

I posted a reply a few days ago for someone who asked kinda the same question.
(Original Post Here)

British Ex-Pats.com. (Click here).
Its a site that is packed full of info, for emigrating abroad and working overseas.

That might be a good place to start if you need info about emigrating to another country.

I hope this helps.

Good luck mate.
Jay.

Welcome to the forum Frisk, hope you get to AUS, wish i was young enough to work there and get away from this immigrant infested fxxking country :sad:

Welcome to the forum. Give Kylie one for me!!

Last edited:
Cheers lads didnt realise i would get such a response and support. I'll post my results up on here when I get them, again cheers!

dont blame you bro,any country that sends out gun ships with elite troops ready to board boats full of islamist so called assylum seekers sounds attractive to me.
with family over there you should have no problems.
maybe the government should ask why so many want to get to **** out of this once great land,we cant all be wanting the sun can we

Told a couple of advanced australian / kiwi scaffolders today that when I was learning the game years ago we used to get the braces as close to the node point as possible.
Both replied " Whats a node point?" I am fast losing the will to live lol

Jakdan, maybe thats a question I can ask next time I am lounging in that 5 star in Sydney digging into the mini-bar and calling room service?

To be fair mate if our knowledge of scaffolding, In all aspects is greater than the people we are competing for work against, the quality will out and be recognised, or at least thats the case in most. What I want to know is how successful a scaffolder could i be in AUS NZ or CAN, how do you go about getting a job, are we able to get sponsors from the larger companies, what is the average wage etc.. Anyone with serious answers would be appreciated.

haveaspanner you have just about summed my experience of the scaffs up over here.

At times i have felt like walking to the nearest wall and just banging my head against it.

good luck mate

Alright mate,

Great idea moving to Perth. I spent 10 years scaffing in London, (originally from NZ) then moved to Perth about 2 years ago. It's a different life out here mate!!! The weather, lifestyle and atmosphere is awesome. And the money is EPIC! There are a lot of 'green' scaffies out here, so anyone with experience in the UK is very highly regarded. Jobs are easy to find, and you can rely on earning between $2500-$3200AUS per week. You'll need to consult with an immigration expert, but most of the Brits and Irish I know over here, arrive on a 'working holiday' visa, and then get sponsored by their compant to stay on until they're residency comes through. If you're a half decent scaffolder this is usually pretty easy. You're UK tickets are not valid here (don't even get me started!!!) but you can easily change them over in under a week.

The Gorgon Project is kicking off as we speak, and within the next 12 months they will be hiring 1500 scaffolders. The rates are roumered to be the best in the world, (not counting 'off shore')

Happy to answer any questions you have, and if you do decide to make the move, stay in touch and I'll hook you up with a job.

Chris

most aussie or kiwi scaffs that ended up in the uk or ireland during the boom actually came over to learn how to scaffold properly...i worked with a fair few aussies that have since returned to aus and have taken up all the top jobs in w.aus, this due to the fact that they have learned in the best possible places for scaffs to learn..in my opinion any half decent scaffs from the uk or ireland that are lucky enough to get over to aus will do ok..i have a good few mates over there now that are taking home between 2500 and 3000 aus dollars a week...good luck with your search lad.

most aussie or kiwi scaffs that ended up in the uk or ireland during the boom actually came over to learn how to scaffold properly...i worked with a fair few aussies that have since returned to aus and have taken up all the top jobs in w.aus, this due to the fact that they have learned in the best possible places for scaffs to learn..in my opinion any half decent scaffs from the uk or ireland that are lucky enough to get over to aus will do ok..i have a good few mates over there now that are taking home between 2500 and 3000 aus dollars a week...good luck with your search lad.

Whats the exchange rate

Top Bottom