scaffold inspectors

Bouffont,

You know my manner and it aint Brighton, dont like to go south of Croydon.

Only scaffs down on coast are retired dinosaurs..

No mate its my company you have been moaning about, Jim your friend now is he? I thought he was a nightmare who wouldn't leave you alone.....!!
I have to say though in 25 years of scaffolding we never tied it like that!!!!!

I only moaned for my scaffolders sake. I got on ok with Jim. Just glad I'm not on the tools cause I'd tell all you inspectors to do 1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

most people tell the inspectors what to do anyway!

Hemper,
As a scaffolder myself I do realise your problem and appreciate your comments, but if you look at the attached perhaps you can understand why Mansell do employ us on this contract. Collectively we have a little bit of experience in the scaffold game but we are clearly not up to speed on modern tie methods which your company seem to use(never used a sleeve when I was on the tools for a tie or in this case all of them) but I am a bit out of touch, also never as a supervisor(Your boss KM was the depot manager) then handed it over when all the ties were like this!! By the way Ruthless didn't inspect it this time sent in an old scaff like myself and he stopped the work as well.
PS If you went, hope you have sweet dreams on Lyndons and not the nightmares we have been causing you........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just seen the pic I can see where your coming from now. That's ****

Tufty would the tie photographed be acceptable to you if it was spliced with 2 swivels either side of the sleeve? (With the correct ratio tested)

Swifty
Of course mate
What they should have done is spliced it using band and plate or swivels with a six foot or butt as you suggest, quite simple really, but I was scaffolding when they were in fluid form!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Just seen the pic I can see where your coming from now. That's ****

Your right, is that sorry??????

Swifty
Of course mate
What they should have done is spliced it using band and plate or swivels with a six foot or butt as you suggest, quite simple really, but I was scaffolding when they were in fluid form!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Your right, is that sorry??????

Yes I do apologise mate. Lesson learnt

Tufty would the tie photographed be acceptable to you if it was spliced with 2 swivels either side of the sleeve? (With the correct ratio tested)

course swivel load bearing same as the doubble you would tie to the standards,

problem is with the inspection they should be done as soon as scaffolding s finished and not a few weeks after the trades have been on that way you know whos done what and then who can be charged loss of man hours to which ever firm etc we whent back to a job 180 man hours putting it right ad say 70% the scaff fault 30% other trades were to blame but the inspector nit pick like fek the probhitbation notice or what ever requested we closed all ladder traps agffer right fek right off next to it haha lol , for eg bay sizes 2 inch to big n **** like that there was some fair point just like the tie on here but most were un called for,

all hand rail have to be doubble there was a post about this sayign that all hand rails had to be load bearing fittings on them ithere doubble or swivel, but the book which published this had a picture on the front of a return hand rail with singles few jokes were crack about it but yeah tg 20 says doubbles

Ladder traps wouldn't be down to you to control if they were in place that would be the main contractor. May be the comment was for he contractor not he scaffold company?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

course swivel load bearing same as the doubble you would tie to the standards,

problem is with the inspection they should be done as soon as scaffolding s finished and not a few weeks after the trades have been on that way you know whos done what and then who can be charged loss of man hours to which ever firm etc we whent back to a job 180 man hours putting it right ad say 70% the scaff fault 30% other trades were to blame but the inspector nit pick like fek the probhitbation notice or what ever requested we closed all ladder traps agffer right fek right off next to it haha lol , for eg bay sizes 2 inch to big n **** like that there was some fair point just like the tie on here but most were un called for,

all hand rail have to be doubble there was a post about this sayign that all hand rails had to be load bearing fittings on them ithere doubble or swivel, but the book which published this had a picture on the front of a return hand rail with singles few jokes were crack about it but yeah tg 20 says doubbles

What sort of stuff was he knit picky about?

Ladder traps wouldn't be down to you to control if they were in place that would be the main contractor. May be the comment was for he contractor not he scaffold company?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

What sort of stuff was he knit picky about?

2 doubbles on a deadman ladder short by 5cm ladder traps like i said split sole pads obvusly sunk few things but mostly was it hadn't been erected propperly the lads on put 1 single on trannys boards missing **** like that i got cheesed off at having to sort it all out lol but since i do every job to the book as to my knowledge every things doubble to doubble 2 doubbles to a deadman.

I hate having to go back to sort out other peoples ****!!!

The tie is a load of crap. Quite releaved I'm not with the firm no more as I was a supervisor there. Every drawing they had done was useless hence the reason for the inspector always pulling/questioning everything which is fair. The scaffolders were never the same which just threw a spanner in the works everyday. D&R at fault for poor organization and craps man management

Top Bottom