scaffold inspectors

My firms main problem is they can never keep the same gang on one job and yes I do appreciate every scaffolder works different but being the supervisor for the site I personally could not fault it. Tg20 states that all external corners of a scaffold the handrail should be double to double, this bloke had us doing internal to, you should only piggy back beams when the span is greater than 4 mtrs. I could go on

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Have you seen where it states that all external corners should be double double?

Have you seen where it states that all external corners should be double double?

its hidden apparently. ive tried looking myself but it dont really state that so to speak. but according to the scaffold inspector tg20 states all external corners via handrail should be tied double to double. confused.com

i do alot of work for mansells and normally it is down to my firm to tag and inspect our own jobs, but since we started a couple of schools in walthamstow. mansell have decided to bring in turner safety solutions and f**k me what a nightmare. this bloke is ruthless. has anyone had any dealings with turners before

Hemper,
As a scaffolder myself I do realise your problem and appreciate your comments, but if you look at the attached perhaps you can understand why Mansell do employ us on this contract. Collectively we have a little bit of experience in the scaffold game but we are clearly not up to speed on modern tie methods which your company seem to use(never used a sleeve when I was on the tools for a tie or in this case all of them) but I am a bit out of touch, also never as a supervisor(Your boss KM was the depot manager) then handed it over when all the ties were like this!! By the way Ruthless didn't inspect it this time sent in an old scaff like myself and he stopped the work as well.
PS If you went, hope you have sweet dreams on Lyndons and not the nightmares we have been causing you........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• mansell ties 004.jpg
    mansell ties 004.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 58
Hemper,
As a scaffolder myself I do realise your problem and appreciate your comments, but if you look at the attached perhaps you can understand why Mansell do employ us on this contract. Collectively we have a little bit of experience in the scaffold game but we are clearly not up to speed on modern tie methods which your company seem to use(never used a sleeve when I was on the tools for a tie or in this case all of them) but I am a bit out of touch, also never as a supervisor(Your boss KM was the depot manager) then handed it over when all the ties were like this!! By the way Ruthless didn't inspect it this time sent in an old scaff like myself and he stopped the work as well.
PS If you went, hope you have sweet dreams on Lyndons and not the nightmares we have been causing you........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoops! :eek: :eek:

Is this my good old friend Jim.

Is this my good old friend Jim.

No mate its my company you have been moaning about, Jim your friend now is he? I thought he was a nightmare who wouldn't leave you alone.....!!
I have to say though in 25 years of scaffolding we never tied it like that!!!!!

Tufty would the tie photographed be acceptable to you if it was spliced with 2 swivels either side of the sleeve? (With the correct ratio tested)

Tufty,

I agree with you, the trouble is you are on a hiding to nothing and quite clearly the P--c that put that tie in needs to be stacking shelves and not in this proffesion.

We all know that the users of our scaffolds tamper and that when they are handed over they are fit for use though at some point they need rectifying and this is picked up on the 7 day inspection.
Then we have to puit it right, if all the paper work is completed we usually get paid for this but the main contractor needs to charge the user.

There is an old dinosaur ( Bouffont kid) on here who wouldnt agree with this or find anything wrong with the tie as its better than rope.

Tufty,

I agree with you, the trouble is you are on a hiding to nothing and quite clearly the P--c that put that tie in needs to be stacking shelves and not in this proffesion.

We all know that the users of our scaffolds tamper and that when they are handed over they are fit for use though at some point they need rectifying and this is picked up on the 7 day inspection.
Then we have to puit it right, if all the paper work is completed we usually get paid for this but the main contractor needs to charge the user.

There is an old dinosaur ( Bouffont kid) on here who wouldnt agree with this or find anything wrong with the tie as its better than rope.

Bluebottle you got the right name as you like a load of **** and talk a lot of **** now you up old tufftys arse
even the bouffont knows that ties not right and you should give credit where credits due

Is the Bouffont Kid Blueberry's alter ego? Or is it the other way round?:laugh::laugh:

Swifty,

Never mind trying to take the P--s out of me and the Bouffont, try keeping to the threads in question.

There are too many of you lot on here taking the P--s, all me and the bouffont are trying to do is be as helpfull as we can.

What do you think Spanner ?

To right Blueberry i agree with you for once. YOUR NOT OFTEN WRONG BUT THIS TIME YOUR RIGHT. If these younguns dont want to tap into my hugh vast expierence of scaffolding (50+ years) knowledge then they will be the losers not me

If I wanted to take the pi55 out of you I'd wait until just after 16.30 on Saturday.

Swifty,

I take it you mean the Footie ? if so ... you southern poofters will be bought back down the table when the weather gets colder and the rains come, your wopp Poyet is ok while the sun shines wait till xmas.

Wait till the Lions start to Roar............................................

swifty
i hear when teams come down your way not only do you stick it up them on the park the fans do it in the bogs as well

Top Bottom