scaffold inspectors

hemper

Reaction score
i do alot of work for mansells and normally it is down to my firm to tag and inspect our own jobs, but since we started a couple of schools in walthamstow. mansell have decided to bring in turner safety solutions and f**k me what a nightmare. this bloke is ruthless. has anyone had any dealings with turners before

Is the boss a guy called dave and a tubby inspector called glen

The inspectors name is Jim and it's run by Paul turner

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure we had dealings with them
On a job last year! Fxxxxing nightmare!
Tried pulling us on sections we had
Handed over due to missing boards
And handrails polish builders had
Removed to make a platform inside
Building! When asked who was paying
for me to replace was told it was down
To me! Told them to go fxxck themselves
Out and out *******!

Why am I not surprised. People tamper with our scaffolds and we get it in the neck. The joys

That guy is a member on here i think "tufty"

Pretty sure we had dealings with them
On a job last year! Fxxxxing nightmare!
Tried pulling us on sections we had
Handed over due to missing boards
And handrails polish builders had
Removed to make a platform inside
Building! When asked who was paying
for me to replace was told it was down
To me! Told them to go fxxck themselves
Out and out *******!

We're they actually blaming you or was it a report on the condition of the scaffold at the time of the inspection which would have to be put right for the scaffold to be considered safe to use?

Why am I not surprised. People tamper with our scaffolds and we get it in the neck. The joys

but when you hand it over they sign after a walk round
wkly inspections then show what had to be fixed from tampering so show the H/S guys your records they can then put this in their report to mansell and you can bill for or advise mansell on potential hazzards

Always Get photos of completed work especially with third party inspections

We had one recently for a company called Rooff , we won the job then they got who we priced against to inspect the scaffold - proper c u n t i s h

Seems to be the new way now

Still, they soon got rid of the last one, once the bills for the remedial work came flooding in;)

My firms main problem is they can never keep the same gang on one job and yes I do appreciate every scaffolder works different but being the supervisor for the site I personally could not fault it. Tg20 states that all external corners of a scaffold the handrail should be double to double, this bloke had us doing internal to, you should only piggy back beams when the span is greater than 4 mtrs. I could go on

Thought scaffold inspectors have to report to agent. Dont think they can tell scaffs to alter things.

This one does drifta. He don't leave the site until he is happy. But Yeh like you say they are there to inspect and submit any report they may have. That's why I'm saying this bloke is a nightmare

Ide have a bit of fun with him Hemper mate. Do some deliberately subtle mistakes,log em,and see if he picks up on it. Then say just checking.

Ide have a bit of fun with him Hemper mate. Do some deliberately subtle mistakes,log em,and see if he picks up on it. Then say just checking.

You know that. We'll said drifta

bumming about still not settled
done the advance inspection good course.
I still have nightmares over that man.
Are you still busy.

bumming about still not settled
done the advance inspection good course.
I still have nightmares over that man.
Are you still busy.

Good news on the course mate. I bet you have nightmares to haha. We are really quite mate. I'm going back on the tools myself next week hopefully away from hell

Top Bottom