scaff step

when working on a job for the council was a 13ft tower and i was been watched by yan of there fellas so i never had the step and erected it with 1 meter lifts althow there wasnt an inside ledger and it was just doubble off the hand rail to in side standard and 4 boards then the ledger was your hand rail and so on wasnt to dificult but it was only 13ft tower

Can you imagine doing that job you posted of the 2 stepped houses using this method or even the sheer amount of alterations required for every trade. If you thought the trade was struggling now try getting your gaffer to price for that fekin lot.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Haha.:D

But that oz accent can wear you down.:smile1:

Nearly as bad as they jam eaters.:laugh:

Why not use the sliding rail method?

I have done but depends what site we are on as our contracts manager can't be bothered to update rams to include sliding rail, he just hits print once the address is changed.

Plus a lot of principal contractors want the step as they think it is the only way to comply so specify it!:evil:

Honestly, I can't, goes right through me

A mate of mine has a ms from Birmingham, he's banned her from saying "broccoli" as he can't stand her pronunciation of it! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I agree. And the women are worst the way they end every sentence almost shrieking the last word. Reminds me of the teacher running his nails down the blackboard to get everyones attention.

That is exactly why I hate it and worse still it seems to be a growing trend here, don't know why, TV maybe who know's but it is annoying.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

A mate of mine has a ms from Birmingham, he's banned her from saying "broccoli" as he can't stand her pronunciation of it! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

haha, magic.

I have done but depends what site we are on as our contracts manager can't be bothered to update rams to include sliding rail, he just hits print once the address is changed.

Plus a lot of principal contractors want the step as they think it is the only way to comply so specify it!:evil:

Loads of lazy Contracts Managers or just too scared.

The SCCR's aim is to get through to the less informed Main Contractors.

As I said I may be very wrong but from the outside looking in I reckon you are focussing on the wrong thing. The step is not the devil, it appears it's the fact there was no consultation and you are surrounded by weak managers who want it by the book without fully understanding there are many different ways to comply. What about lobbying them and educating them?

Talk to them, education education education.

Can you imagine doing that job you posted of the 2 stepped houses using this method or even the sheer amount of alterations required for every trade. If you thought the trade was struggling now try getting your gaffer to price for that fekin lot.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Nearly as bad as they jam eaters.:laugh:

that two houses sharing gable is getting strip f i get it can guarantee you that lol easy fix are ort but when you have to out 1 meter lifts in its back break and for briky lifts i would rather youse tube and fitting but they wont have it gonna try and convinse him to use layher on the next 1 two lift boarded, intermidate hop ups and when it needs lifting just a case of lifting the hop up to first lift and then again to middle of first lift an so on always a nice hight for brikiey and then its ready for dashing but he probbly wont have that. i dont mind the step what you get a system going with it on long runs i enjoy working with the step off the top of my head i crnt think of a diffrent way other than agr but no dout there will be a diffrent way of doing it

You are right about that marra, mature students do my head in. 10 years at uni and still can't get a job lazy shower of rat bags.

These managers are a different kettle of fish though, we are almost duty bound to pass on what we know.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

yes you would never compete against the cowboys. it only works in the big projects in oz.Not really that much difference from erecting brickies lifts though.

Any way Alastair enough of the step I would rather you commented on the AOM stand lol

Sorry HSWT, with all that was going on I missed that one, what is the AOM stand?

Top Bottom