Scaff step, safe or not?

Me Too Aom,1993 When The Tims Near Went Bust Nightmare Eh? Not

benidorm????

Aye mate, brings back memories.

"2year ago, while trying to get on our bus home, about 6 buses at once for the uk airports" i was trying to look after my grandson, wife and Ma in law to see the Bus that was ours, make sure all the cases were on the right bus. Then the Romanian Pikey's hit the chaos. they were pickpocketing,mugging, on the coaches in the luggage. The robbing thieving ********. Love watching Benidorm, i only lost 1 of my wallets, as i had spread my stuff about myself. some folk lost the lot passports and everything.

Holiday brilliant, Pikey thieving ******** scum.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

the japenese 2012 Olympic wind surfing sqaud must be keen they;ve just arrived in ******* dover

You nutter,:D:D:D

Asked our safety guy at Cape today and wont be using them because of the type of work on Ind sites they are not practable, Still he did pick me up for having a cracked tag holder on transom and not a ledger (first available tube )

The stupid step is a stupid idea thought up by stupid people who want to be remembered for changing the way we do things....

I've seen 2 advanced card holders drop their hemps while using the step, one hemping with a 21 at chest height and one pulling out a 13 at face level.
(And I expect to see a few more:eek:)

Nor me I don't do dropping hemps either, but some do dodgy as fook

should you be hemping off the step? or is the step only to put your hand rail up in advance?
Meaning you have to hemp over the handrail to put your ankle height hemp into a sleeve!
Never used the system before but seems dangerous to me.
Either clip on or use advanced guardrail where its fitted outside the scaffold and out the way of the hemps!

Good luck with NASC. In my experience and correspondeance with them they have no real interest in every day scaffolding or scaffolders. How can you respect a governing body when, by their own figures, only one scaffolder in ten has CISRS ticket. When I pointed out that this may mean a failing on their part they refusd to answer any more of my questioins
Grampsgavin

gavin your experiance is typical and consistant with storys we hear everyday about the nasc,we are in the situation where the main representitive body(apparently)actually does not have any representation value for the ordinary scaffolder unless your firm has been indoctrinated into its coven.

1 in 10 ticketed scaffolders,? Surely that cant be true and if it is, its a disgrace.

Top Bottom