Scaff step, safe or not?

Pretty much how we see it as well TomP. I posted a few times that I didn't fancy it especially hemping over the hand rail but now I've done it I feel it's a fairly simple procedure and the boy's now report after a few initial teething problems that the speed is coming back as they get used to it. I still have one problem though, where the hell do you put it when raising and lowering boards on a tower?

But what if it's just a 13' tower? Maybe it's me but they can be a pain in the neck in certain situations. Paddy ripped me to bit's when I suggested a hook of some sort to hook them on to the job.:embarrest:

I was told that you have to work back to your ladder platform, so if its 2 lift then both would be boarded so you can come down the access stand on the boards to drop the top deck?

We did a 13' chimney access tower 6 lifts with a throw in, only the top lift was working but boarded every second to help pass the gear up. I used the step with good results but had to pass it down every time and I really wanted it to be going up the way. Small complaint I know but it got really annoying after a while.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

leachs do a frog for the step pmsl

yeah yeah yeah, is it really just me that gets annoyed by this?:(

I must have character the size of a hoose noo then.:(

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

get on with it youv got all the work now smash it up for abramovich access.

That's a braw name for a firm, I never really liked using my own name as it smacked of no imagination but Abramovich is good.:idea:

But what if it's just a 13' tower? Maybe it's me but they can be a pain in the neck in certain situations. Paddy ripped me to bit's when I suggested a hook of some sort to hook them on to the job.:embarrest:

I wouldnt do that to you my mate.

Funny thing is, we lift the blocks, do our loading bays last, i threw my Step in the bin of fittings , got the Forklift to clear the loading bay so i could lift it. FFs never seen it since Thursday 11.00pm :eek::eek: Will be covered in snow by Monday (Its on its way here):eek:

When I Was A Subbie To Interserve We Were Told It Was The Way Ahead,Yeah Right I Have Never Struggled With Scrap Alloy So Much In My Life,Totally Time Consuming For All The Wrong Reasons. Yet Another Well Intentioned Item Just Not Thought Through.

I wouldnt do that to you my mate.

Funny thing is, we lift the blocks, do our loading bays last, i threw my Step in the bin of fittings , got the Forklift to clear the loading bay so i could lift it. FFs never seen it since Thursday 11.00pm :eek::eek: Will be covered in snow by Monday (Its on its way here):eek:

Allan's got it;)

Snow, hail and lightening already here Paddy, nightmare. Tried to sheet a job on Thursday during high winds, pathetic. I hate failing on a job but I had to admit defeat on that one before anything happened. Could be worse we could be doing this in Japan.:eek:

Too true AOM mate, we all have really bad hair days, then when something likes of Japan,New Zealand, and all the SH1t that is going on in the middle East, hits the headlines, it puts things into perspective.

However, the Scaff step is still crap.

I am not making fun of the Dire situation that at this present time is occuring throughout this world. If for any reason you find my comments offensive, i apologise now. This to the Forum in general.
Regards
Paddy

aye hes some lad good thing is its all went quiet on him just now just what the lad needs peace...........good hearted soul all the best to him.

Top Bottom