saturday night!!

Are they not all the same?

Don't get me wrong, not for everyone and it's a long winter but if you have an interest like you have well where better? Work is as scarce as hens teeth though.

Don't think it'll be anytime in the immediate future but I'd like to at some point. I'd like to think I'll be off the tools by then too.:idea:

Give us a shout if you ever do it.

I think they just stick to you rather than anything else but it's better than the forestry boy's who still go to work with the wife's tights on their head.:eek:

I was offered a start recently workin for a forestry contractor. I'd mentioned my interests etc to the guy but when it came down to it I didn't go for it. A bit too much of a step into the unknown, I would've been staying in sh1tty sounding conditions near Inverary for a couple of weeks at a time and I don't think I'd have been making better money than I do scaffolding. No point in spending all the money we do in training etc to jump ship to be a lumberjack:laugh:

Living the dream aom. I'm a bit of an outdoorsman myself though it's hard to find the time these days. I do a lot of hill walking, stayed in a nice bothy called Camasunrie at the foot of the Cuillins on Skye. Did the West Highland Way last year. It's all good. If I could I'd like to stay up your neck of the woods at some stage. I'd do it in a minute, don't think the Missus could be convinced to live more than 10 miles

Last edited:
Sorry aom cannot let this one go :love:

"it produces carbon monoxide like a car exhaust or even your breath"

There is NO carbon monoxide in our breath,

Breath in...20.9% Oxygen, 78.4% nitrogen, 0.75% water, 0.04% carbon Dioxide

Breath out...15.3% Oxygen, 74.3% nitrogen, 6.2% water, 4.2% carbon Dioxide

Will not be putting you in charge of filling the diving cylinders just yet.:worried:

It is of upmost importance to keep the exhuast gases (carbon monoxide) from your air compresser, away from the air intake.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal. Carbon-based fuels are safe to use. It is only when the fuel does not burn properly that excess CO is produced, which is poisonous. When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from bringing oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Last edited:
haha, sorry Rigger, got my dioxide mixed up with my monoxide, don't you hate it when that happens. I was thinking of when I jumped out the motor at my house and left it running when going to collect something which took me longer than expected. When I came out the whole erse end of the motor was covered in the dreaded midge. Sorry for my school boy error.:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

I was offered a start recently workin for a forestry contractor. I'd mentioned my interests etc to the guy but when it came down to it I didn't go for it. A bit too much of a step into the unknown, I would've been staying in sh1tty sounding conditions near Inverary for a couple of weeks at a time and I don't think I'd have been making better money than I do scaffolding. No point in spending all the money we do in training etc to jump ship to be a lumberjack:laugh:

Wise decision, Inveraray is a hell hole of interbreeding and ignorance, they still eat their young there. Rigger will no doubt correct me, but I think it was Rabbie Burns who described Inveraray by "There is nothing here but Heeland pride Heeland scab and hunger, if the good Lord has sent me here it was surely in his anger." Still holds true today.

aom
"haha, sorry Rigger, got my dioxide mixed up with my monoxide,"

Free mini tool-box talk

Think motor for monoxide (burning/using of fossil fuel)

You will then be on your way to becoming a pendantic old scrote like myself :(

He had a lovely way with words ould Rabbie.He should have been a poet ????
"There is nothing here but Heeland pride Heeland scab and hunger, if the good Lord has sent me here it was surely in his anger."

Last edited:
Far from it Rigger, you are either right or wrong simples. I have never minded about being wrong, which is just as well as I quite often am.:embarrest: I bet I won't get it wrong again though.;)

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Oh what a gift to gie ye, tae see yersel as others see ye.;)

I'm not a fan or anything but some of his work does stick in the brain and I often think of the above when dealing with some half wit manager.

haha, sorry Rigger, got my dioxide mixed up with my monoxide, don't you hate it when that happens. I was thinking of when I jumped out the motor at my house and left it running when going to collect something which took me longer than expected. When I came out the whole erse end of the motor was covered in the dreaded midge. Sorry for my school boy error.:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Wise decision, Inveraray is a hell hole of interbreeding and ignorance, they still eat their young there. Rigger will no doubt correct me, but I think it was Rabbie Burns who described Inveraray by "There is nothing here but Heeland pride Heeland scab and hunger, if the good Lord has sent me here it was surely in his anger." Still holds true today.

Does Rigger specialize in the works of Rabbie Burns?;)

i was offered a start recently workin for a forestry contractor. I'd mentioned my interests etc to the guy but when it came down to it i didn't go for it. A bit too much of a step into the unknown, i would've been staying in sh1tty sounding conditions near inverary for a couple of weeks at a time and i don't think i'd have been making better money than i do scaffolding. No point in spending all the money we do in training etc to jump ship to be a lumberjack:laugh:

work up there for a foresty firm brashing tree b4 i whent in to scaffolding wasnt bad money for 4days i got abut 300 after tax but was middle of winter and feked it off on thursday done half aday friday got 15p tree would know what it was now but lado i was with was making more than 1,000 on that 15p price soon adds up lol but fek me its cold lol

It's always cold there in winter, seems to sit quite low. Where did you stay marra?

Fuc king right on brother, i been stabbed bottled the works you name it i've done it, & all in the name of a good night out and pussy. Now i spend my weekends watching bob the builder and i love every minute of it, as for the shirts and pants i now shop at Matalan & if the wife is being generous she takes me to NEXT lol And yes you even get Matalan and Next in Qatar

it's always cold there in winter, seems to sit quite low. Where did you stay marra?

crnt feking rember orban rings a bell so does inverary we work about 1hours drive form there yard were we had a old static cravan in which we stay it had chip board floor were it had holes you had to sleep in 2 sleeping bags when you woke up your breath had froze on the windows some times there was ice on your sleeping bag lol and then allday in the feking woods some were never known cold like it but once ya had the chainsaw pants on you were sweating like fek, just zoned out walking round tree after tree after tree i swear i had allready done half the fekers twice lol

Oban is about an hour from Inveraray but more than likely you were somewhere in between. A rock and a hard place spring to mind.:eek:

Bit of a Glasgow/Edinburgh thing goin on with Lochgilphead and Inverary aom? Or is it just me?

No, it honestly is just a sh1te hole.;)

Top Bottom