saturday night!!

isnt it amazing that when you get older you start to slow down a little not a great deal but enough!!! 10, 15 years a go if you said that i would be in doors on a saturday night on a scaffolders forum i would of said never lol!! would of been out in the morning or after work new shirt new pants a new aftershave then 4,oclock in the bath for a hour shave then another bath in aftershave :laugh: then out the door for 6 and hit the town drink and look for a good bird or s!ag for the night then you get married and it all goes:laugh: your aftershave that cost you £50 pound cost you a fiver from tescos and your £60 shirt cost you £15 £20 pound good learning thou enjoy life why your young it creeps up quick. but your shirts and aftershave are cheaper:laugh:
c

Last edited:
atleast they hold there price nick!! not like a static and you keep your dig money if your working away happydays

Aw FFS, there we go again, first it was sex drugs and rock and roll then it's back to caravans and what beds to put in them. It will be all beige slacks and brown brogues next.:eek:

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I do enjoy a nice weekend away in my caravan though and the fact I am wearing beige trousers has no bearing on the discussion.:embarrest:

Aw FFS, there we go again, first it was sex drugs and rock and roll then it's back to caravans and what beds to put in them. It will be all beige slacks and brown brogues next.:eek:

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I do enjoy a nice weekend away in my caravan though and the fact I am wearing beige trousers has no bearing on the discussion.:embarrest:

Er you forgot the string back driving gloves which are essential kit .

Last edited:
Sex ,drugs and rock,n roll ,I read today Lemmy of Motorhead has drank a bottle of Jack Daniels every day for the last 30 years ,he's 67 and still going strong.

paul macartney liked sex drugs and rock and roll look were he ended up a bird with 1 leg and a 30,000000 law suit lol!!! and not knowing wether hes gana get another law suit with hes xx wife linda they recon that corn mince had traces of horse mick jagger knows how to keep on the straight and narrow haha!!

Last edited:
haha, think Paul still owns a farm up with us, been a while since he has been here right enough.

Mull of Kintyre, mist rolling in from the sea, my desire is always to be with you, Mull of Kintyre. . . Cue bagpipe solo

Cue a tear rolling down Aom's cheek.:cry: Happy days.

Believe it or not, it was while I was working up that way about three years ago, we'd stopped at Lochgilphead for a cup of tea on a beautiful day and I saw Arran from the north with Goatfell basking in the summer sun. My wee boy will be three in April, his name is Arran. :D

Magic, you couldn't have named him better. What amazes me is, we had a boy from Ayrshire working with us for a while, even when I took him to Carradale down the back road and showed him where we would get the ferry to Arran and pointed out the whole Ayrshire coast he thought I was full of it, he thought Arran was 2D and you could only see it from his side.:rolleyes:

What you saw Stonedrose is where I batter about on my jet ski, popping in to places like Otterferry, Portavadie, Arran and Sanda for a quick beer before heading home, you honestly can't beat it.

Living the dream aom. I'm a bit of an outdoorsman myself though it's hard to find the time these days. I do a lot of hill walking, stayed in a nice bothy called Camasunrie at the foot of the Cuillins on Skye. Did the West Highland Way last year. It's all good. If I could I'd like to stay up your neck of the woods at some stage. I'd do it in a minute, don't think the Missus could be convinced to live more than 10 miles away from her mother though.:mad:

Are they not all the same?

Don't get me wrong, not for everyone and it's a long winter but if you have an interest like you have well where better? Work is as scarce as hens teeth though.

Magic, you couldn't have named him better. What amazes me is, we had a boy from Ayrshire working with us for a while, even when I took him to Carradale down the back road and showed him where we would get the ferry to Arran and pointed out the whole Ayrshire coast he thought I was full of it, he thought Arran was 2D and you could only see it from his side.:rolleyes:

What you saw Stonedrose is where I batter about on my jet ski, popping in to places like Otterferry, Portavadie, Arran and Sanda for a quick beer before heading home, you honestly can't beat it.

Sure is nice

Last edited:
haha, the midge is a total nightmare, it's restricted to the west coast right enough which doesn't help me. There are loads of lotions and potions to deter them but believe it or not, I supply the boys with Avon's "Skin so Soft", makes them smell better that's for sure but it also stops the midges. Next time you are planning a camping trip, check for sites that use the midge catcher. As usual, can't remember what the right name is but it produces carbon monoxide like a car exhaust or even your breath and traps millions which breaks the breeding cycle, it does help.

And by the way, if you were on Mull you made it to Argyll, it stretches from Campbeltown in the South to nearly Fort William in the North and Helensburgh in the west.

haha, the midge is a total nightmare, it's restricted to the west coast right enough which doesn't help me. There are loads of lotions and potions to deter them but believe it or not, I supply the boys with Avon's "Skin so Soft", makes them smell better that's for sure but it also stops the midges. Next time you are planning a camping trip, check for sites that use the midge catcher. As usual, can't remember what the right name is but it produces carbon monoxide like a car exhaust or even your breath and traps millions which breaks the breeding cycle, it does help.

And by the way, if you were on Mull you made it to Argyll, it stretches from Campbeltown in the South to nearly Fort William in the North and Helensburgh in the west.

Me n the mate were never without a bottle of skin so soft when we're workin in the sticks in the summer. Works a treat.

I think they just stick to you rather than anything else but it's better than the forestry boy's who still go to work with the wife's tights on their head.:eek:

Top Bottom