Refresher Courses

How many companies are managed correctly in regards of H&S. Example ( here lads sign this tool box talk before you **** off. ) springs to mind.

The companies that won't bother are the ones that don't bother with training anyway.

U may be very correct wi that statement swifty.

Even you stated you learnt a few things yourself AOM when I visited. Things are changing within the industry all the time and you would shoot me down but under H&S law everybody should receive these updates with the proper explanations. I do believe the timescale has yet to be set. On the pull testing the law says trained and competent so give hydrajaws a ring for some training. Make sure it's registers you to the national fixings association register. If your a labourer and trained in pull testing then you should be fine. With part 2 your not fully achieved until your card is in your hand.

I did learn from your visit Steve, I was also surprised when I also learned a bit on the product course but it was more the part 1 stuff we tend to overlook. You should know more than most I never skimp or try to wriggle out of training, but FFS, attach tester to tie and wind, what else is there to say?

How many people are employed in the UK scaffolding training industry?

Last figures I saw exceeded 20k but 10k are signing on.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Swifty that's like me asking you how many leeks are planted in Wales?

I read that wrongly swifty sorry. I read it as scaffold industry not training my appologies. I honestly don't know the answer to that question. I'll guess at 40 instructors and admin. 100 tops.

That does not seem that many, I must have met them all and a couple of wanna be's as well.

Top Bottom