Refresher Courses

So do we all Alan, I wouldn't worry about it.

so which 1 of yas has dusty knees lol we already know that alland a pleaser and joebag the thanker lol

right fuk u lot,nobodies getting thanked unless its simian putting pull tests in as standard !

right fuk u lot,nobodies getting thanked unless its simian putting pull tests in as standard !
lol its not we wanting fukd joebag :D but youve told us all whos the giver and whos the reciver out of you and alan ;):laugh:

It all boils down to money and greed. They can dress it up however they like whether its "to make things easier", "to ensure standards up being maintained", "to bring scaffolders training in line with xyz"

The truth is they don't make money by keeping things the same. That's why the like of TG20, SG4 and other guidance changes on a regular basis. When it changes, it involves new cards, literature, publications etc.

If I'm wrong, I would bet my mortgage they wouldn't change things and do it for free
Dass

You are correct in your analysis but the only thing that is constant is change.

Change should however be for the better of industry , employees welfare, social benefits and not for the financial gains of an unelected body of self preservation nobodies.
Alas in the current climate of the men who would be king, unfortunately cash is king. The CITB/ NASC or whatever AKA they are this week, know full well the extensive ways of exploiting us. Once a tarrif is imposed it will never be rescinded.
Welcome to the future of hidden taxes.

12, 13 years experience i have , but have just done part 1 nov 2011 , part 2 now , and could get a portfolio together and do the 1 day ass , in december , so that'd be 1 year to be a basic scaff

id like to see scaffs required to go back for 1 day assessments on things like working at height , where certain situations can be replicated and practiced , other things could be added , this could be recorded in a workbook to go with CISRS cards

anything that is good for the safety of workers , id be happy to pay for the courses , while ive complained about other courses , there is plenty the nasc could do to have more courses on things that really do matter

its very possible that some part 2's get offshore having never even worked at a decent height , nevermind the jobs theyre building

I have been trying to say that for a while Alan.

Its all about the money , you dont need to refresh your practical skills as you do this every day in life.
You do need to be kept up to date with changes in the law and working practices , that can be done via a quarterly bulletin you could receive either on line or through the post ,
VOSA do it , or employers could forward this information to their men as and when , as in a tool box talk.
Iam a diving instructor and dont have to have any refreshers to teach people to dive , iam just kept up to date with changes in teaching methods or regulations via emails as and when needed.
So therefore it must be down to profiteering in my opinion

Awahc card- Awareness At Height Card
OWC - Offshore Workers Card

both of these could be invented or something similar , both would be justified , to make the height dodgers face up to it , or get off the tools

The offshore suggestion is definetly needed as part 2's should not be going offshore with no experience of cantilever drops and hangers

I have been trying to say that for a while Alan.

Even you stated you learnt a few things yourself AOM when I visited. Things are changing within the industry all the time and you would shoot me down but under H&S law everybody should receive these updates with the proper explanations. I do believe the timescale has yet to be set. On the pull testing the law says trained and competent so give hydrajaws a ring for some training. Make sure it's registers you to the national fixings association register. If your a labourer and trained in pull testing then you should be fine. With part 2 your not fully achieved until your card is in your hand.

If relevant changes are posted/faxed/emailed to the employers, and they are made to give a toolbox talk, and then made to display the changes just like insurance has to be displayed then there would be no need for any refresher.

Top Bottom