Refresher Courses

joebag

Reaction score
If as stated in a previous thread that refresher courses for csrs cards are on the way,what can we do to stop these,should we stop these and what/who are the reasons and people behind introducing these refresher courses,,,,

ultimately do you think its for the good of scaffolding and do you think all updates could be covered in toolbox talks,newsletters etc....

Joe, this could well be an easier thing for the likes of me if it's done right. I feel we are already never far away from a trainer of some description and it's becoming a nightmare to control. If these refreshers replaced all other forms of training we have to complete then fair enough but if it's another layer on top it could well end in tears.

Everyone could be updated by letter or email to every registered scaffolder and company.
But there would be no profit in that.

It all boils down to money and greed. They can dress it up however they like whether its "to make things easier", "to ensure standards up being maintained", "to bring scaffolders training in line with xyz"

The truth is they don't make money by keeping things the same. That's why the like of TG20, SG4 and other guidance changes on a regular basis. When it changes, it involves new cards, literature, publications etc.

If I'm wrong, I would bet my mortgage they wouldn't change things and do it for free

Got told once by the a guy who started one of the big phone companies that capitalism is a monster that has to grow,it cant shrink or even stay still,it has to expand and feed on things constantly,

i think what your saying dass is spot on,the status quo wont justify these companies existence,but unlike the banks these companies should be allowed to fail,all this posturing by nasc and others is what i see as grasping for life and justification for existence,

if we throttle this then maybe the power comes back to us !

i dont see why they have them,its not like were aloud to forget hse on sites,so why should we pay for a refresher course.just a moneypit for them seat polishers that dont get there hands dirty.

Heard when you come to renew your advanced scaffolders card from 2012, and if you want to inspect scaffolds as part of your advanced scaffolders card like ive have done for 30 years plus, you need to do 2 day refresher.

But if you do not want to inspect scaffolds as part of your advanced scaffolders card, your card is renewed but you can not inspected scaffolds.

This was to come in this year.2012.??????????????????????????????

Last edited:
So if we have to go back every 2-3 years for training does that me there will be no more courses ie trainee - basic- advanced and on and on ?
This training would then come compulsory for anyone starting out in the game and the old ******** would just pick up any new laws etc????
So now I'm thinking for lab to advanced in 6 years ??????

Joe, this could well be an easier thing for the likes of me if it's done right. I feel we are already never far away from a trainer of some description and it's becoming a nightmare to control. If these refreshers replaced all other forms of training we have to complete then fair enough but if it's another layer on top it could well end in tears.

aom you know it will just be another layer didnt we say that after the ecitb lads they would need new income well now they have it.....well so they think i can see a line being drawn here what you think??

If it were another layer then yes I could see it having an impact. I have never had a problem with training and try and source the best but have never liked the training for training's sake. The driver CPC is a perfect example, you have to do so many hours training, around 35 hours but you can do them all in the same subject like digital tachographs, so if you send 6 drivers for 5 separate training days on the same subject on an item of technology you don't even use you get the ticket. Doesn't sit right with me so I'm not doing it.

It's a scam,how can a self appointed private company dictate to a complete industry unopposed?:mad:

It would need all the nasc companies to completely oppose this and say enough is enough,but they wont because their like lambs to the slaughter,blindly following whatever legislation the self appointed scaffold training barrons can dream up to make,no take more money from us,this is only the beginning,the next one will be expirery dates on pt 2s,and if you dont do the advance and get on the financial treadmill within an allotted time frame,then it will be start at the bottom again,kerching,the possible scams are endless,and whether you're a company or a private individual,it's our wallets their raiding regardless:mad::mad:

It would need all the nasc companies to completely oppose this and say enough is enough,but they wont because their like lambs to the slaughter,blindly following whatever legislation the self appointed scaffold training barrons can dream up to make,no take more money from us,this is only the beginning,the next one will be expirery dates on pt 2s,and if you dont do the advance and get on the financial treadmill within an allotted time frame,then it will be start at the bottom again,kerching,the possible scams are endless,and whether you're a company or a private individual,it's our wallets their raiding regardless:mad::mad:
of course the nasc companys are they can charge what they want once there in . i personally have no problem with what nasc are about if the latest sg tg whatever saves 1 person from death or serious injury then its worth it . what p1sses me off is some of the firms that are in it are fooking terrible .they pay backhanders and are warned when they are getting audited. iv seen squads being sent out just to add sg4 handrails to none working lifts .the worst firm in the north east is nasc accredited,it has no real scaffolders just kids putting sh1t up with no tickets.trainees

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

pr361er

The big picture by bigfish ;),so whats sccr going to do mate,keeping in the shadows by not paying ten quid is not going to open yourself up to young lads coming through who need to know whats going on,theres a watershed and tipping point moment coming very soon and if scaffolders and the sccr dont get their act together big business will have their way,,,,just like maggie with the miners :D

Top Bottom