Real Scaffs...???

i respect your post gerscaff , but sadly its not as simple as that , people who work for Turners for £7.79 an hour , are not scaffolders and people who work for pennies throwing up systems are not scaffolders , just as someone with a cscs scaffolding card is not a scaffolder , just as someone with a kwikstage card or a cuplok card is not a scaffolder. What happens when some fool goes and gets his 2 day kwikstage card and then goes on a job and its say , 12 lifts high , i dont want some fool with 2 days experience up above me. our industry is a joke.

The 2 day product cards are only given to those with a part 1 as a minimum.

im comin across guys who are cscs scaffolders who have done a 5 day course and that is it.

Me too but that is another thing, BASE I think allows them to build system to 5m high but that was before the product courses came out so don't know how they will get round that. There are plenty of 2 day courses being run the country wide that allows brickies to build scaffold but they are not cisrs and they won't be able to do the product courses. It all seems a bit of a mess if you ask me.

Me too but that is another thing, BASE I think allows them to build system to 5m high but that was before the product courses came out so don't know how they will get round that. There are plenty of 2 day courses being run the country wide that allows brickies to build scaffold but they are not cisrs and they won't be able to do the product courses. It all seems a bit of a mess if you ask me.

Yes but its just the uk that has cisrs, the rest of the wold have these 2 day courses n then their advanced. Austrailia springs to mind n America is purposed to be even more of a joke. I knowthey have cisrs training colleges in middle east n phillipines training up cheap labour but it all stems from the british. They probably have Brit instructors but as far as I know we seem to be the only ones or very few that use tube n fitting.

Which i think gives us a massive advantage over other countries when it comes to Scaffolding... makes us the best in the world - which we undoubtedly are. :cool:

I dont know of many non-British Scaffolders coming here and Supervising us how to work, where there is still a very much needed demand for qualified British Scaffolders to go to other countries and Supervise them. :)

Too right bring it on. When it comes to engineering n structural stuff n almost everything else history proves we either invented it or are the best at it. Like the welsh rugby. We invented it and the best at it. Haha

Which i think gives us a massive advantage over other countries when it comes to Scaffolding... makes us the best in the world - which we undoubtedly are. :cool:

I dont know of many non-British Scaffolders coming here and Supervising us how to work, where there is still a very much needed demand for qualified British Scaffolders to go to other countries and Supervise them. :)

The demand has died since the Asians have proved quite capable of doing the job especially Filipinos and Nepalese. Some of the Aussie and Kiwi scaffs were technically more skilled and would quite easily erect complex structures in tube without having to grab a beam at the first opportunity. My humble opinion that is.

Top Bottom