R.I.P Matt Lonergan SGB

thanks ,much appreciated, he was a great man

R.I.P Matt

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Thank you,much appreciated, he was a shining light

Worked with Matt on my first day scaffolding in 1977 on the Nat West tower and again on Lyodds. He treated everyone with respect young or old with a smile and encouragement unlike most of the animals at the time. I knew his son Richard (Dead ? How ? ) . We o worked together as young bucks. One particular Saturday afternoon I was in Oxford street and passed an alley way where I happened to see Richard rowing with some older dudes. We went to work on them and cleared the floor . RIP Matt and Richard

Thanks,much appreciated.

Richard sadly died in a car crash just over 5 years ago,Rich was always in some adventure,have a lot of great memories with both Matt and Richard,i cant believe they are both not here anymore.

Both sadly missed

R.I.P Matt and Richard

It would be good to hear about some of the other old scaffolders who were around at that time who would have worked with Matt. Most of them certainly passed away but good old boys. scaffolding was a different game back then. here are a few names that would hold fond memories of Matt were they ( or perhaps are ) still alive
Frank Gibson, Geoff Hanson, Lennie Lucas, Rocker, Mervyn Honey, Freddie ( can't remember his surname but he used to make a paper hat out of sunblessed bread wrappers with each day saying . happy Monday, Tuesday etc etc ) Pat Gore, Stevie Brown , Tammy mcHugh , Tommy Quinnon ,Aka Bilk, Docker and many more. All old school, all legends back in the day. Matt certainly lead the field amongst all of them

Hi I'm Kim, Matts daughter and sister to Richard thanks for the great message and for the story of Richard in Oxford Street always was a rogue. My dad loved being a scaff and had lots of stories to tell of what he and the other scaffs got up to, he actually took me to work with him once on the Nat West Tower when it was being built. He was such a great dad and its nice to know just how popular he was, everyone has always had such positive things to say about him he made me very proud & will be so missed

Condolences Kim, hopefully these messages will help.

Hi Paul / Kim, I am very sorry of this tragic news.

I have moved this thread to the main section of the forum, so hopefully more people will see it.

Best Regards

SF Admin

I worked with mat on llyods bank in the city and Hayes wharf and various other sites .... Always a gentlemen he will be sadly missed
Rip mat

Did`nt know the guy but sure does sound like one top fella. RIP.

Didnt know the man, but I've met his type before. Not many true gents left in the construction industry anymore. Another loss to us all. My deepest condolences to you & your family.

Over 400 people have viewed this thread and less than 10% have paid their respects to a deceased scaffolder, what is wrong with these people, how long does it take for someone to offer their condolences to the lads friends and family, to say im amazed is putting it mildly

Remember what goes around comes around

Over 400 people have viewed this thread and less than 10% have paid their respects to a deceased scaffolder, what is wrong with these people, how long does it take for someone to offer their condolences to the lads friends and family, to say im amazed is putting it mildly

Remember what goes around comes around

In fairness mate, I'm sure certain people have viewed this thread multiple times.

I know I have.

R.I.P. Matt,i didnt know him but my thoughts are with you his family and friends.Cancer is a cruel illness & I hope he is at peace now....

i posted last night and been thinking about Mat and the sad lost to his family. He was a true gent,great scaffolder,a funny man but most of all a nice person. Someone you could always look up to and learn from as a young scaff. Thank you Mat, gone but never forgotten.

Thank you so much,i learnt so much from him.

we will always remember him, for his kindness,his way of always making you laugh,he gave so much to so many people,your right he will always be sadly missed.

Cheers

Paul

Top Bottom