R.I.P Matt Lonergan SGB

paul67

Reaction score
Hi

My name is Paul Fisher,

This is my first time posting on here,and sadly its not a happy post.

Yesterday morning in Christchurch in Dorset,a scaffolding legend sadly passed away.

My best friend and Father in Law Matt Lonergan,lost his long battle with cancer.

He faught the battle the way he lived his life,with strenth and humour.

Many of the older forum members will remember working with Matt on St pauls Cathederal ,Natwest tower,Tower Bridge,the Old Bailey and many other jobs in the city in his great career of over 40 years with SGB.

Many of the 40 somethings would have been trained by Matt and or worked worked with his Richard Lonergan,another great scaffolder,who is sadly not with us anymore.

Any messages can be passed on at p.fisher54@yahoo.com.

R.I.P Matt Lonergan

Thank you

Im not sure if i posted on the correct page or not,any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Have i put the post on the correct part of the site,so that people that new him will see it.

any help would be great .

cheers

Paul

Thank you

Have i put the post on the correct part of the site,so that people that new him will see it.

any help would be great .

cheers

Paul

Yes Paul, many will read ,and post tributes as is.

Hi

My name is Paul Fisher,

This is my first time posting on here,and sadly its not a happy post.

Yesterday morning in Christchurch in Dorset,a scaffolding legend sadly passed away.

My best friend and Father in Law Matt Lonergan,lost his long battle with cancer.

He faught the battle the way he lived his life,with strenth and humour.

Many of the older forum members will remember working with Matt on St pauls Cathederal ,Natwest tower,Tower Bridge,the Old Bailey and many other jobs in the city in his great career of over 40 years with SGB.

Many of the 40 somethings would have been trained by Matt and or worked worked with his Richard Lonergan,another great scaffolder,who is sadly not with us anymore.

Any messages can be passed on at p.fisher54@yahoo.com.

R.I.P Matt Lonergan

I'm gutted. I worked with Matt as a 16 year old and got loads of abuse from some of the other old hands - Johnny Laws, Geoff Hansen etc. But Matt Lonergan was a real Gentleman and kept everyone on site amused with his humour.

He'll be sadly missed by a lot of people.

Thank you

I met Matt at the same age,im 44 now,your right he was a real gentleman.a great man.

have i put the post in the right place on the forum so that it gets to the people that new him, any help you can give would be great.

thank you

Thats how Matt lived his

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Thanks

He was a great man

I never knew Matt , but its always sad when we loose a fellow scaffolder

may he Rest In Peace and my sincere condolences to his family and friends

I didn't know him either but as Phil said it's always sad when we lose a fellow scaffolder, my condolences to his family and friends also.

Condolences Paul Our Thoughts Are With You And Your Family At This Difficult Time.

Never knew Matt, however always sad to hear about the loss of another Scaff

R.I.P Matt

Worked with Matt on the Natwest tower/lloyds building,What a gent and a great scaffolder. R.I.P Matt

Top Bottom