Question for an instructor

and imagine those scaffolders who still bomb there fittings they must take some punishiment !!! glad we all use the bag and rope lol!!!!!

I dislike stickys because they appear to have to dig into the tube to hold into place rather than just force. Also a "broke bin" on site has more broken sticky fittings than any other double type.

The t bar is kinda annoying I'll give you that.

i find them ort on the doubbles just not on the swivels and like using a pressed swivel instead

Kinda similar here although I do think the stickies are OK. Obviously we are wrong with the test results quoted but that's why testing is carried out. I still don't use drop forged though simply because the T bar making you think it's tight when it's not.

To simplify it then:

Drop forged class b 9.1 kn = 910kg safe working load. Gates snapped on the machine at 86kn = 8600 kg
Ian

Bomb?

We don't bomb. We use the tried and tested GAMT method.

Gravitationally Assisted Material Transfer

haha, I will remember that.:laugh:

So it wouldn't take much of a force to shear the swiv,even a cap off a chimney dropping onto the lift will create an initial impact greater than 17kn,double on double all the way from here on in,someone needs to warn those training providers;)

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

And drop forged all the way,except when needing pressed to pin a nameboard;)

So it wouldn't take much of a force to shear the swiv,even a cap off a chimney dropping onto the lift will create an initial impact greater than 17kn,double on double all the way from here on in,someone needs to warn those training providers;)

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

And drop forged all the way,except when needing pressed to pin a nameboard;)

All cisrs centre saddle drawings are on doubles

Sorry to p1ss on your bonfire simian but they are not,got one in front of me that states it,but doesn't show it,also as stated in a previous thread the instructor at simian said the drawing contradicted the method statement entirely,could name names lol,seriously though the term saddle should be removed as common terminology and practise has been to join two tubes with a swiv,lay them over the roof,sit a lacing tube across on dubs and punch your standard up off them,got taught this at a simian training centre recently and I got quite heated with the trainer saying it was an out dated method

give him his copy of the certs for feck all or he will post it all over the forum :eek:

Top Bottom