Question for an instructor

Flinty

Reaction score
Don't suppose John Fidoes on here?

Portfolio, define "Roof Scaffold". A job that's that's got a lid on it or one that partially sits on a roof?

Thanks.

How about a wannabe instructor?

One built from a roof.:cool:

I would assume a lid would be prefixed by the word temporary.

I would assume a lid would be prefixed by the word temporary.

A wannabe instructor will do :blink1:

That's what I thought. I also thought "Hmmm, isn't that technically advanced scaffolding work?"

A wannabe instructor will do :blink1:

That's what I thought. I also thought "Hmmm, isn't that technically advanced scaffolding work?"

All roof saddles have been part 2 as long as I remember.

AOM you going down the instructor side of things ??? Good luck if you are mate

I am making the first steps towards it Andy so thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

say what?

haha, sorry matey. If they were talking about the other option a scaffold with a lid on it they would call it a temporary roof.

say what?

A lid= The roof section of a temporary roof. The beams and tin.

Temporary= Not going to be around forever.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

All roof saddles have been part 2 as long as I remember.

I meant lids were advanced work, wasn't sure where saddles came in. Seams like it always changes.

Think you'd make a good instructor AOM :smile1:

Nice to see you make the big leap Alistair mate, how much for you to teach me on the Jetski again? sorry you also failed your Golf instructor course also. maybe you might think of doing a one for Scaffolding mate???????;)

A lid= The roof section of a temporary roof. The beams and tin.

Temporary= Not going to be around forever.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

I meant lids were advanced work, wasn't sure where saddles came in. Seams like it always changes.

Think you'd make a good instructor AOM :smile1:

Thanks Flinty, I hope so. The roofs are on the basic course as well.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Nice to see you make the big leap Alistair mate, how much for you to teach me on the Jetski again? sorry you also failed your Golf instructor course also. maybe you might think of doing a one for Scaffolding mate???????;)

Never thought of that Paddy, might give it a whirl.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Wait till you see the picture I may post the morra, maybe scaffolding is not my forte either.:embarrest:

Got the part 2 revision sheet here mate,title is roof scaffold brackets saddle,if that helps with your terminology,I've got a question though it states that saddle tubes must be fixed with rac,impossible if your roof isn't a perfect 90 degrees,did pull the instructor on this and he said saddles with swivs if you were to go off this were now redundant,worlds gone ******* mad :wacko:

What about lying a tube along the ridge and dropping off that?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Better still, punch up from the ledger below.:idea:

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Better still do both, FFS I am good.:laugh:

What about lying a tube along the ridge and dropping off that?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Better still, punch up from the ledger below.:idea:

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Better still do both, FFS I am good.:laugh:

butt and doubble and then off it agin on doubble
if i read u right

Hahaaom,sucking eggs here,should have added the drawing for the saddle didn't allow for either of the fixes you have enlightened me too,disregard the drawing and face the wrath ;)

Last edited:
Yeah but if you build a lift just above the gutter you could punch your saddle tubes up off that, easy. You could also undersling your tube at the top using doubles and send down saddle tubes to the other side and off you go again.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Haha aim,sucking eggs here,should have added the drawing for the saddle didn't allow for either of the fixes you have enlightened me too,disregard the drawing and face the wrath ;)

Do we really need a drawing for a small simple saddle?

Band and plate for the other side up here Paddy, do you want me to book you a slot on my course I'm thinking of running.:cool:

Yeah why not nice to see how the designers prefer it to be done?

I always like hanging a tube off doubles then that can be spurred with doubles, makes it a lot more sturdier than just swivel to swivel. Not alone in doing that am I?

No you are not Flinty but as discussed only a week or 2 ago we do still use the odd swivel here and there but do preffer doubles and use them where possible. Feck you Frederik.:cool:

Top Bottom