puncheon double fitting

Never heard a gate is stronger then a bolt Jason , and i have seen a good few " drop gate" fittings in my time but never a snapped bolt :unsure:

You can get cheaper Presco fittings that were made in India or China or something and i was doing the bolt up and it actually snapped!

Well i mean, Ben 'Rambo is a c.unt compared to me' Flynn was 'testing' the Fittings out first, by crunching with his teeth, before hand mind. :D

Anyone who does'nt put a puncheon double upside down is a c.unt who knows fuk all about scaffolding.....end of....

What if they have a Spanner thats engraved with: "Im a Scaffolding God!" on it?
They cant be a c.unt then surely can they??? :worried:

No... on mine! :eek:

Only joking. Mine says: "Im sexy and i know it!" :D

many thanks for your input lads.i think i shall have great delight in ramming it up him!!.
cant wait till monday...for once!.

if i was told to strip a job where the puncheons or droppers were 21s and the doubles werent upside down i would tell them to fook off and get the idiot that erected it to take it down . iv met a few people that do this and they are usually bell ends who havent got a clue after an arguement so they can try sound like they know what there doing when they really havent

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

i ll stick to working with just a labourer i know its going up right

upside down,so you can put them in/strike it on your own..
Ask him on monday to do one on his own & then stand back & laugh at him.

I suppose it's another one of they urban myths as we all know a double holds the same either way and has as much chance as coming apart but FFS even the wee diddy street firms put them in upside down. They are easier to fit on your own as the gate will take the weight as you position the tube and saves the poor sod taking it down having to study too hard to work out to take it down without dropping a tube.

always put the double upside down,they are the same either way but it makes life easy when erecting and striking, also its the same as putting a double on a dead leg for a toe board, makes other people look twice when striking, times ive taken the handrail down only to find a dead leg with the double the normal way up , dangerous

i ya right mate gate on top bolt underside is a punched tube

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

a puncheon is always upside down for **** sake its a safety thing every scaff knows that

Upside down, You have my sympathy for having to work with the tool.

this guy will probably say he knows the right way and that he was takin the piss , if not , i dunno , fuckin hit him with a puncheon/truncheon

Unfortunatley i was taught to put the double on bolt at the top but soon learnt that its easier upside down .

Personally my self i dont give a **** who does what with a double and if i came across it whilst i was stripping a job i would deal with it

This has been asked before on this forum and it had much of the same response

Pressure always against the gate

Unfortunatley i was taught to put the double on bolt at the top but soon learnt that its easier upside down .

Personally my self i dont give a **** who does what with a double and if i came across it whilst i was stripping a job i would deal with it

This has been asked before on this forum and it had much of the same response

Fair enough Paul but if I was stripping one you put up there could be a problem.

Who would be at fault, you for not turning the double or me who has been conditioned over 23 years in the job that they were to be turned.

I fear you may be right, me for not paying attention but you know what it's like striking a big job, you hit auto pilot at certain times of the day?

Top Bottom