pricing a birdcage ?

alive and licking !!!!

Reaction score
hi guys
what would be going price for birdcage . room is 12m x 12 and 4m high just top boarded.is there any set way of priceing a birdcage ?.
many thanks

Millions of different options, by the foot, the meter, the meter squared or even by the fitting. I would probably go for 3 men a shift plus expenses travel and what have you then the same down and add your profit. It all depends on how you see it and how difficult, distance from yard, carry in and obstructions.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

How many threads are you going to start?:D

I always price them per m3...so 12 x 12 x 4 = 576m3 and what ever rate you are happy with, but for an easy job, access wise etc I would suggest £5.50m3 so my price would be £3168.00.

Hope that helps :bigsmile:

That's nothing, you should have seen my attempts even now.:embarrest:

welcome alive i always price by the cube a cube being 10 x 10 x 10 , so 4 square long x 4 square wide x 1.5 square high = 24 square at your square rate but you gotta allow for access if its in a occupied building.

Is it only London that still use squares as a measurement as all you lads up north seem to use meters ?

Aye aye aye.:embarrest::laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

I think so Phill, the squares are not so common up here now. There will be a few but everyone seems to understand the meter squared a bit more easily. It really doesn't matter how you do it does it. Keep pricing it higher and higher till you get beat then you know you're at the ceiling. :noworry:

we have done a few large birdcages and it is easy to come unstuck , all of a sudden you cant work during the week and there is a function going on at certain days and oh you must have allowed for protection to the building in your price as we cant remove them Ming dynasty vases

12x12=144x3lifts@£10mtr=£4,320.Or whatever your mtr run rate is

we have done a few large birdcages and it is easy to come unstuck , all of a sudden you cant work during the week and there is a function going on at certain days and oh you must have allowed for protection to the building in your price as we cant remove them Ming dynasty vases
And I hope your insurance covers for the one your lads broke, Oh' did they not tell you? Er' no. Del boy chandlier moment then Phillo.

I might have to up my rates.:D

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

And I hope your insurance covers for the one your lads broke, Oh' did they not tell you? Er' no. Del boy chandlier moment then Phillo.

Funniest moment on tv, either that or the time he fell through the bar at the wine bar.:laugh:

£20 to £30 per standard x lifts,
eg £20 x 7 x 7 base lift standards x 3 lifts = £2940 thats if you charge or infact install a foot tie, standard standard spacing of 2m.

i find doing it in m2 you may be well out, because these engineers like to cut down standard spacing to 600mm and 1.5m lifts for a painter arrgghhhhh:D

bye there are some ways of pricing jobs, :nuts::nuts:

same size job after drawing.

£20 x 15 x 15 base lift standards x 4 lifts = £18000 ouch (bit of an exageration but it does change things

hahahahaha i had a lad brake a light shade nothing fancy looked a bit like a frosted pint glass , only thing was it was in a really old church and i couldnt get one for love nor money i had a row with the vicar as he wanted me to replace all 144 shades so one wouldnt look odd they cost around £30 each till i had to tell him it was on the quote "all items of value to be removed or protected by others " fu ck me he soon put one that looked near enough after that.You do got to tie the up with paper work mate ;)

Well done Phill, we do something similar with the old "Move It Or Loose It" clause.:noworry:

Was stripping a church once and a lad carrying out a 21 knocked the head clean off a statue we were pissing ourselves laughing at him trying to put it back on.

We had a company try and get clever aom they insist we provide the protection and charge them the building was the London assay office where they stamp gold a medieval building with the interior nearly all green marble , so i got a quote from a carpenter to cover the place in 3/4 ply came to nearly 150 sheets hahahahaha they nearly cried when they seen the price so what do they do put down dust sheets as protection. this bird cage was over 60 foot high free standing up to a dome. all went well till we where striking the last couple of lifts and one of the lads slipped on the dust sheet and cracked a marble ledge then the sh it really hit the fan as it cost them thousands to repair it , you always gotta cover you backside

Yeah, I can't argue with that. We have been fairly lucky (touch wood) up until now, but the paper work has been tightened up just in case. One of the funniest things we did was erect a scaffold at gutter height on a small job but next doors phone line was crossing the job we were doing. We tried to fit it in between the two hand rails and left it at that but we never factored in the wind and it started rubbing against the tube. A couple of weeks in to the job the guy's phone started to call him in the middle of the night, fair play to him he waited a couple of nights before flipping out.:amuse: We couldn't get away with that and had to stump up.:(

them phone wires are a nightmare i have seen to many lads walking long ( my self included)
straight into them when basing out as they are uaually about 19 foot of the ground

Top Bottom