price work

gus

Reaction score
what are you guys getting per square these days

the credit crunch has hit

and

i cant get me head around what people think is a good price, what with all the extra saafety work im doing on top

we pay price but by linear metre not squareage !!!

hello all. just been put on price after 15yrs on dayrate and am wondering what sort of rates are being paid on linear metre [tube and fit-northern england]

I work on price work its gettin harder and harder to earn ya money with all safety stuff extra tubes and no extra pounds to go with it the jobs goin down hill for price workers

paying 4 quid a metre up and 2 quid a metre down on most , additional for 3rd hrail , brickguards ect

this job im on 500'x40' block of flats

paying 20 quid a square

double decked base lift, 3rd rail and netted

20 quid all in

o and its inside single rail and toe boards

living up north you will be lucky to get 4 quid a linear metre . probably closer to three . good companies pay extra for ties , lifting boards , brick guards etc . the smaller ones you wont . "its all in the price " ********. i try not to work price work any more if i can help it . more and more work going into our jobs without our money going up . it usually makes no difference how much you do the favourites always get the jobs with the money on them

this job im on 500'x40' block of flats

paying 20 quid a square

double decked base lift, 3rd rail and netted

20 quid all in

o and its inside single rail and toe boards

thats a s*** price Gus £4000 all in , you should get paid for the double boards and the netting , and the inside rail , should be more like £25-£27 a square mate , trouble is if there aint much work about what can you do :sad:

yeh sound cheap price ... or does it ha ha

i was biting me tongue when chatting with boss man

work is poo at the mo

so dont wanna shoot meself in the foot

his having a look at the price again and meeting me in the morning. so shall see what happens from there.

need to get me head around the fact the prices have dropped.

hence me wondering what you guys are paying or getting a square

thats a s*** price Gus £4000 all in , you should get paid for the double boards and the netting , and the inside rail , should be more like £25-£27 a square mate , trouble is if there aint much work about what can you do :sad:

I got 25 a square on one of my last jobs on a tower block, hate price work unless it's a cream job:D

yeah it use to be 25 a square

i love price work, its just getting to hard to earn nowdays

Is target work finished with. Remember in late 70's early 80's, we used to get paid on target with SGB. 3 man gang, 1 hour each per sq, 10x10. erect, 1 lift of boards, rest extra. half on the strip. Busy times you would have 20 hours a day, and in the pub by 5. 12 hours and finished by lunch time.

i have done a lot of price and target work in London , dont think it would be easy now with all the safety issues , to hard to earn :(

no it is getting harder hence try to adjust the price to suit

scaffy as you know mate in the 80s we was getting £10-£12 a square and knocking out 8 - 10 square a man a day with no problems , single hand rail no stop end toe boards , no harness or hard hat and wearing trainers , in the pub by 12 on a friday full session and a nice weeks wages earned, them days is long gone :(

ha you aint wrong there , still have the occasional twelve in the pub mate !!!! , i was at school in the 80s , didnt leave to 91 , but i know what you mean ya old ***

scaffy as you know mate in the 80s we was getting £10-£12 a square and knocking out 8 - 10 square a man a day with no problems , single hand rail no stop end toe boards , no harness or hard hat and wearing trainers , in the pub by 12 on a friday full session and a nice weeks wages earned, them days is long gone :(
Yeh, as in the song, those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end. Too many fingers in the pie now.

My price days could be numbered, got a bit of a bad back now and i'm only 28, always seems to go at a crucial point then leaves me out of action for a bloody week.

Top Bottom