Poll

Are Designers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IDH

Reaction score
First time I've done this so lets see if it wokrs...

Thought I'd get some simple design Polls going for a bit of fun.

you'll have to state your earnings , then we'll let you know if your overpaid..

when did they stop being engineers
like anything a good one is worth every penny
but as i am a SCAFF i did tick all of the above;)

As a scaff I feel it is my duty to answer "all of the above"

But I'm sure you guys are professionals and know exactly what you're doing, especially that triple check fitting loading bay I have to keep doing. Absolute class that one.

But as president of the IDH forum I shall have to abstain from this poll.

Maximum number of supplementary check fittings is 2?
Please advise.

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...ose-3-yes-3-check-supplementary-fittings.html

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Maximum number of supplementary check fittings is 2?
Please advise.

we all know it should only be 1 especially if it was designed correctly

SAM_0301_zps4fc91d5c.jpg

Done to design.

Please note however that the man who did the 2nd lift technically went against the design by using the swivel as as check rather than putting 3 doubles as checks, the putting a swivel on top of that for the sways.

Also someones nicked a couple of transoms out the base lift. Probably ran out putting the 2nd lift on.

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...ose-3-yes-3-check-supplementary-fittings.html

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

SAM_0301_zps4fc91d5c.jpg

Done to design.

Please note however that the man who did the 2nd lift technically went against the design by using the swivel as as check rather than putting 3 doubles as checks, the putting a swivel on top of that for the sways.

Also someones nicked a couple of transoms out the base lift. Probably ran out putting the 2nd lift on.

Incompetent designer I think as he has only got 8 legs to a 3.5m loading bay put in 10 legs and check the calcs

I have put up two gantry bird cages before and both have had three check fitting on the spurs
1 was because kwik stage was used as independents both side at 2.4metre bay understandable because of the big bays 6metre spur
the other was a birdcage tube and fit 6mx18mx4m 1.2bays times 1.8 with a ten metre span do a dolly independent again 3 check fittings on spurs couldn't understand why as bays were half the size and spurs were only 4 metres

different designers one was a newbie in point being shorter bay width more structure

I had a tempory roof on a design drawing once huge block the independent was about 90 metresx15 the designer wanted me to go 2.4m bays with a tinhat tempory roof so I ignored the design cut the bays down 1.8 (scaffold regs) and built away the designer was called because I hadn't followed his drawing he got busy with his calculator and walk off with his head in his hands because I had built the scaffold stronger
Some designers are great good fun but some are so serious I mean they actually think they are on par with doctors

First time I've done this so lets see if it wokrs...

Thought I'd get some simple design Polls going for a bit of fun.

Honestly??
Id say most designers are out of touch with Scaffolding... where alot come from a non-Scaffolding background the drawings they do are not always suited for us.

ie: Scaffold width for a Boarded Lift... alot of drawing are like 1m or whatever wide which leaves you with a big gap between Boards and Toeboard and so on.

Top Bottom