Paying basics advanced money

over the years I always start lads on a porbation period and I what test the lads out on a number of scaffolds to see what there like.

its alright doing theses courses in training centres but out site is another thin

Hey Dico, they don't use photos anymore. It's all evidence on whether the job actually took place. I don't know how water tight new system is. From my experience I'd like to see that your actual scaffolding ability, not your ability to memorise answers to a multi choice questionnaire, playing the major part in whether you pass or fail a part.

1. know they dont flinty i was just saying that the new portpollio is the same. up for someone else to fill in
1. ring ring!!! hi mate your mate still got that scaffold firm!! yes mate!!! do us a favour he ante got a few job numbers and method statements he could give us i buy you a few pints friday night!!!! yeah no worries mate see you friday!!! yeah see you friday mate. make sure he writes the jobs down incase they ring.
2. ring ring!!! hello mate you no that portfollio your mate has just finished thats a scaffolder do you recon he would lend it to me!! i will get you a photo copy mate but make sure you change the details slightly and havent got the same hand writting got to be worth a £20 thou!! yeah no worries drop it round.
3. ring ring!!! yes he can but hes got 10 portpollios to fill in already be about 2 weeks £100. yes its water tight :laugh:

And therein lie the flaws in this 'system'. As long as they've got their dough out of each delegate. . . (finish sentence with appropriate disparaging remark).:mad:

take money for the courses , then let the delegate sort out his portfolio ..

I can't see a problem with making the delegate sort their own out.

dont no why they just dont whack the finnally 1 day assecment on the course just round it off to £1.600 1.700 least you dont have to waste another half day off work and do what youve done on the course lol!!!

I can't see a problem with making the delegate sort their own out.

The point I was making was that it's open to abuse as Dico so informatively demonstrated. Simply get someone you/your mate/your fiancee's uncle/ neighbour's second cousin that knows someone who works as a supervisor for a scaff firm to sign on a few dotted lines and bob's your uncle, portfolio done.

What about, I show up at the centre, study the relevant sources, answer the test paper and build any job you require to be built to the spec of the drawing and then 'become' a competent scaffolder.

The NASC's 'system' has more holes in it than a tetley tea bag (except of course, the part that debits funds from the impoverished worker to their coffers).

That doesn't reconcile with what I witnessed when I did my shadow course. It's people that abuse the system, doesn't necessarily mean the system is wrong. You do still need to turn up and build the job to pass. I think, it would be easier just filling the thing out as it would be cheating. As usual, just how I see it, and it is different north and south of the border, the paper work may be the same but all the boy's have to fill out here is a few forms, from what I saw south of the border is a bit more intensive.

if people didnt abuse the system there would be lots of guys who have done the courses but cant get the card , how do you fill out a portfolio when you use systems , you have to make it up , no other way.

the system is wrong , very wrong.

As far as I'm aware, you just fill out what ever it is you do then the centre look at it and decide what they are going to make you build for the pass. If your portfolio is missing some job or other that's fine, that's the one they will make you build.

Top Bottom