Paying basics advanced money

johnymush

Reaction score
Cape are paying basic scaffolders advanced money if they have had there card for 2 year is this the norm with all scaffold companys now?? if so why the hell did i bother going thro my advanced course.

think your find john they had the ecitb advanced so some cape departments will still honour ticket i was payed it for over 10 yrs with then i got layed off the other month and broke my service ive just started back but only getting payed basic now even thou i was advanced i dont blame capes but the shareholders at nasc cheers mr mosley costing me more money so much for the rates not dropping why your re trainning more lies!!!! thats probably why there still advanced payed john theve not been layed off so the tickets still honoured

And so they should be. They were advanced before and that was ok until some nobhead at NASC decided to change the way things had been for years.
Will they take the advanced or basic tickets away from people who have been doing something else for a few years? probably will if they can make money out of it by forcing them to retrain.

yer surpose to be going to do a one refresher course to renew your advance card in future

some one on here was on about it on here.

nop they avent had ecitd, on our site and as far as im aware through out cape if you had a basic cisrs card for 2yer evan new starts are getting advanced money and i no for a fact thats through out teesside anyway. half of them couldnt put a cot up some have only had a couple of months work since haveing there part 2

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

that refresher course will be just more money then isnt it, i renewd mine about 18 mth ago and you just had to send of for it.

well the ones that come out of neta are joke.

but like you theses lads can not get long run of work to learn more.

I've heard of companies do this, pay part 2 and adv same money, and good money in some cases. But it's not the 'norm' as far as I can see. I think it's because there's so many young advanced coming through they're not really.... "advanced", so they get the same rate.

I have always said that if they can earn it and are good enough, then they deserve it, no matter.
However, if its the 'How to be a scaffolder in 3 easy lessons' brigade that havent a clue but claim to know everything, then no.

i think because you have a gold card it makes you know better than a basic i know labours
that have been in the game years and know more than any of them gold card holders i go for a compertent scaffolder rather than a ******** gold card

if you read my post scaff11 it says there giveing it to basics that have held a card for 2yer and just cause you had a card 2 yer dosnt mean you have 2yer experiance there giveing it to any 1 as long as you had you card 2yer.and if thats the way you think why not just get rid of the card all together and pay people what ever they want?

If Capes are paying Advanced Rate to Basic Scaffs its probably because they cant get the men.
I can understand you feeling aggreived but if someones getting a couple of QUID extra good luck to them i say.If they are shying away from the Big Jobs or anything slightly tricky then maybe you have reason for a grumble but if they are doing the stuff then fair play i say.;)

UNITE FOR THE FIGHT

Been doing it off shore for years now.

i agree with you john in a way i think if they have had the time in with the company then yes cause at the end of the day the company should be putting them thro there advanced i dont think the lads should have to pay for it them self when they have time in but when you working with a f@@kin numptythat carnt tie his own shoe lasses and have only been with the company a couple of month then there is sumat not right. so i think there should be a time limit you have to be with the company to prove your worth

You are right AOM it`s still the same offshore but you will struggle to become a chargehand with a part 2 and let`s face it there are some diddies running about with advanced cards , if you are a decent scaff you will quickly become a chargehand on a enhanced rate just unfortunate you need the advanced card .

Cape are paying basic scaffolders advanced money if they have had there card for 2 year is this the norm with all scaffold companys now?? if so why the hell did i bother going thro my advanced course.

I dont think it really matters.
Tickets dont make the Scaffolder... only legally Part 2 Scaffolders cant do what Advanced do.

I did my Advanced in 2008. Why?

A: Its all done. No more Scaffolding courses for me.

B: Ringing up a potential employer and saying: "i have my Advanced", imo gives you a much better chance of a job, then a Part 2. Every tom, diick and harry has a Part 2, few have a CISRS NVQ3 Advanced card.

C: Coz gold is sexy. ;)

As long as your happy with your wages, what others earn shouldn't really bother you.
If im honest.

As long as i earn well, i dont really care if him next door earns more.

You are right AOM it`s still the same offshore but you will struggle to become a chargehand with a part 2 and let`s face it there are some diddies running about with advanced cards , if you are a decent scaff you will quickly become a chargehand on a enhanced rate just unfortunate you need the advanced card .

I always thought it was a much fairer system myself despite having paid for my own training, all for one and all that. I remember fine there was many differing levels of ability and once reminded a charge hand why we were always outboard when these other auld yins were t0ssing it off doing not very much. He wasn't long in shouting me down and after I gave it some thought, I could only agree with him.

Scaffolders pay should reflect their abilities. A good, fast scaffolder should be paid more as he is capable and productive, but sadly the small piece of plastic and what is stamped on it dictates what people are paid these days.

so here,s another question should these basic scaffolders be given the same responsability as an advanced scaffolder?

Yes, but there are some exceptions, you won't always be fit for the hangers you know and the younger guys have to take the strain at times. As I said, all for one seemed fair enough to me.

Top Bottom