Pain

My Knees And Ankles Are Shot To Pieces With Parachuting And Running, My Shoulders And Back Are In Agony Constantly, My Sciatic Nerve Is A Constant Pain And My Feet Get Sore With The Amount Of Hard Skin On The Soles Due To Years Of Carrying Gear Over Rough Ground, But Other Than That Everythings Just Dandy, And I Look Forward To Working As A Scaffolder For The Next Twenty Years.

i always used copper or magnetic bracelets, however this is the new breed and works atreat for me,
wont help the fukced back but muscle, tendon and arthritic pain they cant be beat. my personal opinion.

Druh Belts Negative Ion Bracelet | Buy Online Now | GolfStoreEurope.com

The 'db' Negative Ion Bracelet stimulates muscle activity and power output provides a natural way to sustain high-intensity exercise over a longer period and accelerates muscle repair, regeneration and recovery thereby improving the performance of the wearer both mentally and physically.

Probably been asked before but does any body suffer from back pain or hip pain caused by years of carring gear , for myself being back on the tools for a couple of weeks i feel f###ed along with my back and my right hip . How do you put up with it ?

yesterday i was rotten ruff as fek and not threw drink took the day off wish i never coz today my back killing me . was in a car accident a few years ago and me back got fek right up, walked with a hunch and body twisted to the left. doctor said i was protecting left shoulder it dont know what the feking means lol. well i was at college monday tuesday, wensday , was on site plumbing wensday thursday friday, friday night worked in a resturant, and sunday in a icecream shop if i did nothing during the day on the saturday it killed me untill about wensday then i was fine and the sat come again an chilled out and again was bad till wensday i soon learnt no to let it relax as it tightend up and some day had to litrally roll on to front and push my self on to my feet, hasnt been the same and now and again feel like av gt whiplash again like today chest shoulder neck back ripbs you nae it its aking and the wet wont od done it any good

When you are doing punishingly hard physical work, your body does get used to it, sure, but it doesn't mean it's good for you.

As you get older, of course, all those niggles are going to start playing up.

Marra - psychologically your body is protecting your left shoulder by making you carry youself in the way you do. Once your frame starts to twist all your muscles and then bones will be getting out of whack.

Chiro, osteo or physio would definitely help... although you may feel more pain when trying to get your frame corrected.

I have had stints of osteo treatment that does help and gets me sorted but instead of then going once a month as a maintenance, I don't, and then all the symptoms gradually start manifesting again.

When you are doing punishingly hard physical work, your body does get used to it, sure, but it doesn't mean it's good for you.

Marra - psychologically your body is protecting your left shoulder by making you carry youself in the way you do. Once your frame starts to twist all your muscles and then bones will be getting out of whack.

Chiro, osteo or physio would definitely help... although you may feel more pain when trying to get your frame corrected.

I have had stints of osteo treatment that does help and gets me sorted but instead of then going once a month as a maintenance, I don't, and then all the symptoms gradually start manifesting again.

I think your a scaffolder BetterTAX:laugh:

its all good now well i say all good recovered from that crash after months but i was twisting to the left lol

After reading all this I feel great now. I thought I was the only 46year old who walks like a 75 year old. And don't mention the farmer giles from lifting them bastrd 21 foot ladder beams over me head and running up ladders with 15 five foots on me back...:eek:

Here's a ? For bettertax

Can we claim for back care like physio chiro etc on our rebates?

That is a good question. I'll find out but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quite a lot of these treatments are available on NHS nowadays. Trouble is, you have to get your doc to refer you and then waiting times can be horrendous... but might be worth the trouble.

Certainly physio is on NHS. So many physios around but not many employed by NHS :(. The thing with physio, as has been mentioned here, quite a lot of it is exercise based, rather than manipulation.

I have a feeling chiro, osteo and even acupuncture are available. Some GPs train in acupuncture, but it's not really the real deal, which is a 3 year course and hugely involved (chinese medicine is a massive subject). Even so, it can be effective.

I believe my slipped disc occurred because i was doing nothing. I was reasonably fit when i was on the tools and think that once you stop or ease up with physical work your body gets weaker and you are more susceptible to injury. Age also plays a part. We are similar to top athletes in many ways.

bad back

1. work for a firm that only uses high yield light guage tube. 2. never catch tube. 3. dont carry more than 26 ft of tube or board. 4. get yourself a V barrow for the long carries.

Wrists, (no jokes please) and ankles, are the only compaints from myself.

I think I've been fortunate that I'm not on the tools every day nowadays...

I take it you are missing the IW John?

I believe my slipped disc occurred because i was doing nothing. I was reasonably fit when i was on the tools and think that once you stop or ease up with physical work your body gets weaker and you are more susceptible to injury. Age also plays a part. We are similar to top athletes in many ways.

Great post mate I agree the fitter and stronger you are the less you get injured.

Also I think it's very important to stretch every day your be surprised just how much a little stretching helps.

As for chiropractors personally I think there a waste of time and do you more harm than good. I allways found its better to find a good physio so you learn how to overcome the problem and not just get a quick fix .

Great post mate I agree the fitter and stronger you are the less you get injured.

Also I think it's very important to stretch every day your be surprised just how much a little stretching helps.

As for chiropractors personally I think there a waste of time and do you more harm than good. I allways found its better to find a good physio so you learn how to overcome the problem and not just get a quick fix .

I said in a previous post I swear by chiropractors ,well they are not all good I went through two of them until I found one that did me anything for me.
I have walked bent over in agony and he fixed me in less than Ten minutes,he said they basically realign people ,like an out of plumb standard they just get you straight again

Standard practice to do stretches before starting work in Australia. Its becomong more widespread in the Gulf. The Koreans, Japanese and Chinese have been doing it for years. Think of the old Tai Chi.

Top Bottom