Pain

paul

Reaction score
Probably been asked before but does any body suffer from back pain or hip pain caused by years of carring gear , for myself being back on the tools for a couple of weeks i feel f###ed along with my back and my right hip . How do you put up with it ?

Probably been asked before but does any body suffer from back pain or hip pain caused by years of carring gear , for myself being back on the tools for a couple of weeks i feel f###ed along with my back and my right hip . How do you put up with it ?

Most of the joints in my lower half are knackered from years of lifting and neglect.
My back was so bad I could only walk in pigeon steps and only for a short period of time.
Doctors and I don’t do well together so I avoided them for years until I could no longer move. I found myself sitting on the ledge of a shop which turned out to be an acupuncture shop so thought I would give it a go.

I will at this point state for the record that I believe in very little medicine and absolutely no alternative medicine but having a couple of treatments in this shop I have not had a bad back for ten years or more!
Good luck with your pain
regards
Alan

Goodness, Alan, that's quite a story if you believe the universe shows us what to do (which I do sometimes subscribe too - having been a complementary therapist).

Good advice there from Alan. I have never had acupuncture myself but certainly many people I know have found it to help.

Osteopathy would be my chosen route. It does help.

Doctors can treat the symptoms (give you anti inflammataries) but you need to treat the cause too.

Go to a chiropractor mate I swear by them ,I had back back pain and hips .(f##ckin agony)
My hips were not level so he leveled me out and every thing is fine now and I go down the gym it never plays up.
Forget your local doctor he will just give you tablets .

It's not often I totally disagree with you Teeside but sorry that is simply not true.

I am as old fashioned as Mull and thought aches and pains were just part and parcel of being a scaffolder. For a while there I thought my time on the spanner 's were over as I walked like a crab with my legs going west and my upper body going north, no one could tell what fekin way I was heading. I went to an osteopath every other week and she was as strong as a bull and would throw me round the room like a rag doll but after a while the benefits were becoming less and less apparent till eventually by the time I drove home it was as bad as ever.

Now I have been going to another guy who has been magic. He took a more long term view which meant at the beginning I sometimes wondered what he actually did but eventually I realised his mind works like a scaff on a rig hook up, he may have to alter a lot of jobs to get to the one he really wants to alter. I have been going now for well over a year and a mixture of back cracking, acupuncture, diet, more water and a basic life style change my back is on the way to recovery.

Your current pain and discomfort level is usually a good indicator or motivator of the amount of effort you would be willing to put in to get it sorted.

Another point I like to think I stay on top off, is education. Any youngster you have coming into the game has to be taught not to do the things we all did. No jumping off jobs or even the back of the truck, lifting techniques and try and put in a foot tie without kneeling on the ground.;)

had problems about 10 years ago and wore one of those weightlifting belts for a while , now its gone , if it came back i'd go for acupuncture and a chiropractor

Go to a chinese doctor and ask him for some woodlock. Best thing for aches and pains. Use it myself.

Got disc detereation in the lower back, from a few bad crashes. Been told it will never be any better than it is now which is daily pain

I know how you feel

May try that puncture stuff
As I've tried everything else

I've had sciatica on and off for about ten years. I got to the stage about 3 years ago when I was catching some 5 ft tube from about 3 lifts up and when my body jolted from the catch my nerve in my back and down my legs was so bad I could not even put 1 foot in front of the other. It took me an hour to walk from Belgrave Square to Sloane Square. Sat in a hot bath and did endless stretching and managed to pop the trapped nerve out thank god, went to an acupuncturist a couple of times and the first time seemed to really help but the second time did nothing. Luckily I haven't had any really bad pains for a year now as I am very careful about what I lift and how. Wasn't always the case when I was younger.

Had really bad back years ago. Just working like feck and eventually got so bad I couldn't sleep and was in agony. Went to a physio but was told to do some back exercise to relieve the pain and it worked. Over time my back eased. I still get a bad back after doing some stupid lifting like when people stack tonnes of gear all over the fecking floor, then its back on exercise ball to ease it.

I was 23 I think when my back was at its worse, can catch up on you quicker than you think.

suffered with my back for years. anyway in 2000 i was working at a water treatment plant when i forgot i was clipped on to some carpenters steel where they were pouring concrete. the wall i was on was only a foot wide.so like a prat i feel off smashing my back against the wall thou the harness saved me from blood eyeballs and broken bones ive never had a problem with my back it must off released a nerve but dont advise this in case it dosent work for you lol!!

A common thread through these comments is most was caused by our own stupidity for one reason or another. Train the young team to do it right and help them avoid the same problems.

Never really had any back problems , but my poor old neck , elbows and wrists are shot to bits , i usually just have a few pain killers when t gets real bad , funny thing is when iam working its all good , just first thing in the morning and after work they really play up

I think that means it's worse than you think Phil as I am the same. Every holiday I go on by the second week of doing nothing there is a lump forms in my back that pushes my neck forward making me look like fekin quasimodo.

I get the wife to walk up and down my back in her stilettos

Does fu(k all for the pain but hell does it make me horny!!!!

Top Bottom