Older then 'Old Father Scaff...?'

Jas, We had a few sk's missing after we cleared the site in 1992. We had a geordie lad called Kenny Surginson running the job from start to finish. must have forgotten that one!

if you can remember!!! bay city rollers buy buy baby think you may remember these fittings lmfao!!!!

Swivel-Gravlocks would be great offshore!

banned offshore GAD we used them in the mid 90s but they cant be trusted due to the swivel bit,just as a swivel shouldnt be used in a load bearring capacitie,they were meant to be used for tieing in to horizontal cross bracing,but obviously got abused and now they are gone :sad2:

banned offshore GAD we used them in the mid 90s but they cant be trusted due to the swivel bit,just as a swivel shouldnt be used in a load bearring capacitie,they were meant to be used for tieing in to horizontal cross bracing,but obviously got abused and now they are gone :sad2:

Same thing has happened with Jordan clamps

someone decided to see just how much one could take with a turfer and it eventually failed,next thing Cape had withdrawn them out of service

I was under the impression that Swivels had been reclassified to make them Load Bearing Fittings? :eek:

Me? I dont think they are anyway near a Double, in terms of strength, but call me lazy - I have used them for Check Fittings, if for some reason i cant get a Double on the end to act as a Check or the Doubles are too far away to use (like in a bucket 6ft from my feet! - Im acting like some fat useless Bricky now aint i?, lol)

I think they are Ok for Checks, as the gate is the same as a Double aint it. :)

I was under the impression that Swivels had been reclassified to make them Load Bearing Fittings? :eek:

Me? I dont think they are anyway near a Double, in terms of strength, but call me lazy - I have used them for Check Fittings, if for some reason i cant get a Double on the end to act as a Check or the Doubles are too far away to use (like in a bucket 6ft from my feet! - Im acting like some fat useless Bricky now aint i?, lol)

I think they are Ok for Checks, as the gate is the same as a Double aint it. :)

Yes mate they're the same as a standard double though don't think you can get the class b ones, though I may be mistaken.

I'm the same though I'd rather use a swivel for what its for, but will rarely use them as checks or supplementary fittings.

Jase i was referring to the swivlok as we called them,they got banned from offshore in the mid 90s as they were being used for hangers on the under decks and the swivel part cannot be trusted to hang off not the gate which is slip tested.

great for ladders,

Garry have you got a picture of the fitting that was "half" a double that you could strap to steel when erecting handrails or on stringers?. sorry for the dodgy explanation but thats the best way i can describe it and no its not a fukcing single :laugh:

worked like a little giant and very similar to the flat backs you could weld to steel

Is this the one you are thinking of jakdan ? ... probably nothing like it , but , it`s posted now :D

I brushed it off quickly with some swarfega metal cleaner and it is stamped with the name MABEY and what looks like a code MPA1 Ah or similar.

353ebfn.jpg
[/IMG]

xcsvwj.jpg

i know the ones you mean jak we called them number 1s,2s and 3s all depending on the thickness of the steel beam.
macalpines use them alot ive also used them with capes

Top Bottom