Older then 'Old Father Scaff...?'

I'm afraid there's no such thing as a normal cockney haha them millsez can't have a good slip resistance surely

great for ladders,

Garry have you got a picture of the fitting that was "half" a double that you could strap to steel when erecting handrails or on stringers?. sorry for the dodgy explanation but thats the best way i can describe it and no its not a fukcing single :laugh:

worked like a little giant and very similar to the flat backs you could weld to steel

Last edited:
Benjo---one of the best fittings around ;)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Euro

Underdeck 2000 are used in pairs---as is Gravlocks ect...

i cant see where they would be used on an underdeck gary, which im assuming thats where the name comes from, most of the beams are welded at the top so you could only get one on the bottom, in the photo the beam is on its side so its being used horizontally, its got me confused this one has mate

Jakdan---I know the fitting yer on about, nae got a pic though...

The ones I have seen are drop forged, is that the same ones ???

i cant see where they would be used on an underdeck gary, which im assuming thats where the name comes from, most of the beams are welded at the top so you could only get one on the bottom, in the photo the beam is on its side so its being used horizontally, its got me confused this one has mate

euro the under deck works the same as an SK/ gravlock, i think the beam is on its side for photo purposes?

Euroscaff

I can see where the confusion is---aye, fair play to ya M8---the pic is to demonstrate the mode of application to the web of the steel work...yjr way that the steel beam as laying is confusing...

Attachments

• STA60570.jpg
    STA60570.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 9
The old Mill's putlog clip,(puddy clip) used thousands upon thousands :eek:h:

Was handy in the day, when you could lap your toe boards, the fitting could tie over two board depth without bother :idea:

great for ladders,

Garry have you got a picture of the fitting that was "half" a double that you could strap to steel when erecting handrails or on stringers?. sorry for the dodgy explanation but thats the best way i can describe it and no its not a fukcing single :laugh:

worked like a little giant and very similar to the flat backs you could weld to steel

I know the fittings Jakdan aint seen them since the 80s

Jackdan---the flat side looked something like the end of a cuplok ledger eh---

node point lugs...

great for ladders,

I think i might have a couple of these in our " museum " at the back of the fitting shed , i`ll have a look in the morning and post pics if i can find `em .

you olde barskets i can remember seeing some of those olde fosils popping up when i first started scaffolding 25 years ago when i used to sought through the bins after the outages in the 80s lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!

are these legal ? i see what its for, to replace a but or lacing tube but if it got a nock it would be gone and slight movement could loosen it. cant see these being legal tender

You are correct but they were legal tender, once anyway. They were a nightmare to use. The Gravlok is far superior, and a hell of a lot lighter. Scan through previous posts and the U/D 2000 has been mentioned before.

great for ladders,

Are you talking about a number 1,2 or 3
number goes by the size of the gap on the lip,Cape used to run these and some of them can still be found

I have a couple stashed on the Armada somewhere

Are you talking about a number 1,2 or 3
number goes by the size of the gap on the lip,Cape used to run these and some of them can still be found

I have a couple stashed on the Armada somewhere

not sure of the number Gad, i thought they were all the same? post some pics if you can pal.

Im no working the now but if i spot one i will take a pic

Im sure they went 1-5 and each one had a stepped lip-5 having the biggest

On Zeneca with Cape back in 2001 they only used these,Deed Heids and loads of the affore mentiond SK's

ive used they ones that are like a half double,only when with cape tho,bit s.hit if you ask me,used swivel gravloks as well on the forth rail bridge, first place i had seen them, good fitting, never seen them on other jobs tho, not got a pic anyone else seen them ?

Ive used Swivel Gravloks before.
They are handy to get you out of a tight spot. :)

Yeh got a few gravlock swivels and a few sk

Im no working the now but if i spot one i will take a pic

Im sure they went 1-5 and each one had a stepped lip-5 having the biggest

On Zeneca with Cape back in 2001 they only used these,Deed Heids and loads of the affore mentiond SK's
deed heeds r hooks some boys called them, sgb used them for toeboard clips on a job i was on, thats all there good for now i think :bigsmile:

Top Bottom