new crap doing the rounds

Again just product training for this, I have seen one of the largest construction companies in the uk using these on social housing refurbishment. The existing scaffold company were gutted.

Again it's the old old story, a lot of these products are invented to do away with scaffold, think about it:

and chances are invented by scaffolder/owner think how the fek can we get out of this feking rain design this thinking the scaffs will apotpt it and inturn do the rest of us out of work

and chances are invented by scaffolder/owner think how the fek can we get out of this feking rain design this thinking the scaffs will apotpt it and inturn do the rest of us out of work

You are bang on with that answer

Stevie knight one of the originals,got an idea for a retrofitted springloaded baseball bat for those ***** building that decking ***** for when they come to strip it,dragons den are all over it ;)

lol i to tried to go down this route at the age of 17 came up with an idea of a ladder lever a a jack like leg attatched to a larrder for leveling the ladder on a hill search high and low and couldent find 1 gave a companie £300 quid to research to see if a product simalr was on the market it and yes of course it was ...... adjustable ladder foot lol was gutted ahahah lol but people who i told the idea to had never herd of out simalr so fort i was on to a winner lol ..... addresses of these people would be nice aint had a game of rounders in a while lol ;)

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

greta thinking joebag lol

If you can invent something better or cheaper and easier to use than the products in SG4 you will be retired in 5 years.

Ian

Prodeck advertised,admin can delete that with my consent if he wishes,this is the stuff we can use against nasc,they and the hse cannot be so hipocritical as to how much extra training we have to go through on system gear if they are letting lads who's only qualification is a class 2 hgv license put this highly critical safety measure in place,it's unbelievable,as for easy edge that was designed to be attached to steel before being lifted,now it's being put in place with lads walking out onto unfixed steel floorsheets,leaning over the edge liying down and tying off the nuts that holds the arms that the fences sit on to,how the fuk is that safer than a handrail off gravlox onto the rsj's,it's such hypocracy that these housbuilders and large ltd companies have such a stranglehold on nasc that obvious safety issues get thrown out the window and new stuff put in place to suit them and their profit timeline,it's disgraceful and shows how profit and connections are more important to nasc than mens lives!:mad:

well said joe , when will they be happy , how much money is enough

I hear you joebag. Here's one way you can challenge it.

Simian? Back me up if I'm right. Or just add your 2 cents.

This is fall protection, and would have to withstand a man falling onto it. Now remember the term "crash deck" is obsolete, they technically do not exist without design as you would have to do a lot of calculations to work out what you would need, even just working out what impact a falling brick would have is tough (so I'm told, I'm no mathematician).

When I worked at SGB back in the day, Alan Reade was the design engineer.
If I was ever talking to him and I mentioned the term "crash deck", I was reminded (sometimes involving verbal abuse and threats to my wellbeing ;)) that there was no such thing as a crash deck. Instead, we used the term Environment Protection Deck.

That's something that has stayed with me ever since. Good teacher that Mr Reade !! :D

That never lasted long as the blocks were flammable and melted under heat from spinners etc.

funny as feck when the brickies loaded it out with a pallet of blocks!
the boards going through it like a cheese cutter

Top Bottom