new crap doing the rounds

Is this decking exspensive?as always cost usually dictates whether something becomes commonly used or not,and if there's big savings to be made,then it's here to stay,or at least till the accidents start racking up,it's been around for a few years now though:huh:

I hear you joebag. Here's one way you can challenge it.

Simian? Back me up if I'm right. Or just add your 2 cents.

This is fall protection, and would have to withstand a man falling onto it. Now remember the term "crash deck" is obsolete, they technically do not exist without design as you would have to do a lot of calculations to work out what you would need, even just working out what impact a falling brick would have is tough (so I'm told, I'm no mathematician).

So, these new things. What force can they withstand? If they are technically, a crash deck, they would have to have some detailed instructions and calculations telling the user exactly how far it will protect someone!

Also remember that WAHR applies to everyone, not just us. If we have to put up with this cr*p of prevention over protection in the extreme, then so can the other trades.

It also occurred to me today, when laying out beanbags for the brickies to work off the completed scaffold, that this is technically not working properly to the WAHR, as beanbags are protection. Technically brickies should have a handrail going around the inside of the brick work to stop them falling into the building...... They would also have to wear a harness as they are working at height.

Flinty I first saw these as trad deck around 2004, they act as fall protection and access only. Lots of building contractors opt for this as they are lightweight and they get their own staff to build them after product training by the manufacturer. It's not scaffolding although it is a deck/platform. The first one I ever seen on site had been loaded out and had collapsed but most site managers have copies of the manufacturers instructions now showing access only. Cut to the chase it is quicker to assemble than a birdcage even a system birdcage but I haven't a clue about prices.

Ian

as a scaff do you think theres a nech for a fall victim of these sorts of things as surly from 8ft you cna land safe enough but claim its the system and it ti were t+f it wouldnt of hapend ;) pm offers lol

Agreed,price dictates everything ultimately,couldn't believe the cheek on this fooker advertising on here,got too much time on my hands at the mo so getting involved too much but that did make my foot itch!

Agreed,price dictates everything ultimately,couldn't believe the cheek on this fooker advertising on here,got too much time on my hands at the mo so getting involved too much but that did make my foot itch!

Its at most of the work at height trade shows accepted by the Hse, compliant with the work at height regs but nothing to do with NASC as its not scaffold. As for falling on to it the instructions should have all the test data and maximum loadings.
Ian

Well that's that simian,unless you grass your fellow man up for working on these or the numbers of accidents on these go up to a rate that makes insurance impossible they and the untrained dikheads putting them up are here to stay,wait for the design with a ladder and handrail stuck to it,that's it I'm doing a accountancy course ;)

As for falling on to it the instructions should have all the test data and maximum loadings.
Ian

There you go joebag, get your mitts on the instructions if you want to take the whole thing personally and take it head on :amuse: I've not seen these but they don't sound that great to land on. Knowledge is power and all that!

Cheers for input as always Ian.

Will do flinty I'm online as we speak,I feel as though they have kicked my mum in the head ;),just to clear up my feelings about nasc I've also implicated them in the jfk assassination,sinking the titanic and paying that tw4t the other night who reffed the England game ;)

I don't think NASC have any say in this issue at all buddy but many would agree with you there.....!

Well that's that simian,unless you grass your fellow man up for working on these or the numbers of accidents on these go up to a rate that makes insurance impossible they and the untrained dikheads putting them up are here to stay,wait for the design with a ladder and handrail stuck to it,that's it I'm doing a accountancy course ;)

Go on to the bratts ladders website and it's waiting for you.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

There you go joebag, get your mitts on the instructions if you want to take the whole thing personally and take it head on :amuse: I've not seen these but they don't sound that great to land on. Knowledge is power and all that!

Cheers for input as always Ian.

Just google trad deck and they may be there to download

Jesus h Christ simian,it's the death of scaffolding as we know it ;) it's says on trad deck it's hsecompliant with a 2kn loading capacity and non slip treads,Says it can be installed by one person and the legs go to 3m with 60m2 a day installation not a problem,looks like bird cages on sites are a thing of the past,2kn means it's general purpose loading,unreal that this is how it's going,what kind of country have I come back to :(

Last edited:
Let's get on the subject of bean bags, always arrive after the scaffs have completed the first lift?

Go on to the bratts ladders website and it's waiting for you.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Just google trad deck and they may be there to download

ahahahah dont see that affecting us seems a great idea for the likes of plumber and electrisians them sort of trades dont use scaffolds much and form plumber back ground that is miles better thana few milk creats or a few balck bins with a ladder accross lol i dont think theres anything to worrie about with this 1 marra :laugh:

Let's get on the subject of bean bags, always arrive after the scaffs have completed the first lift?

Agreed lets talk about this one.

We use beanbags and they are put in afterwards. I don't know why, personally I'd put them in before basing the scaffold out as it becomes hard work feeding them through or over the scaffold once its up! Also it means the fall protection is already in place once you climb up. I'm sure the 'proper' way would be this way too.

Rumours going round beanbags are on their way out?

Heard that to,surely the distance of the fall is not great collective protection,never liked the thought of landing on the join and your obituary Reading how unlucky was he!

Haha pumpjacks mara,Americas painted on em,fuk me I've got to stop lookin into this **** it's giving me the black dog ;)

joe bag take a look at this gem i found it when trying to find out what the fek a leaner was lol its apoling Modular telescopic Easi-Dec 2m Platform | Easy-Deck | EasyDeck

Again just product training for this, I have seen one of the largest construction companies in the uk using these on social housing refurbishment. The existing scaffold company were gutted.

Again it's the old old story, a lot of these products are invented to do away with scaffold, think about it:

Top Bottom