new crap doing the rounds

joebag

Reaction score
admins done us all a favour and removed 5 threads from a firm selling that plastic platform sh1te to replace birdcages ,its marketed as safety fall prevention yet when i phoned them up you dont need any formal training at all,we all know the cream on sites on price is birdcages,loading bays addaptions etc,how can totally untrained people put this up,wondered what blokes thought about this and how the loadings etc work,

somebody by the way,who likes to be first, thanked and welcomed them,about as much use as t1ts on a bull!

admins done us all a favour and removed 5 threads from a firm selling that plastic platform sh1te to replace birdcages ,its marketed as safety fall prevention yet when i phoned them up you dont need any formal training at all,we all know the cream on sites on price is birdcages,loading bays addaptions etc,how can totally untrained people put this up,wondered what blokes thought about this and how the loadings etc work,

somebody by the way,who likes to be first, thanked and welcomed them,about as much use as t1ts on a bull!

Who thanked them?

If you are on about what I think you are, then a 14 stone man with a size 10 boot standing on one leg overloads it.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Think about it.

everyones trying to avoid using scaffold to save money.easy edge is being used for edge protection all over and its absolutely waznk .theres a metnor job in newcastle 8 storeys high and it even has easy edge as roof edge protection which is just down right dangerous.

Prodeck advertised,admin can delete that with my consent if he wishes,this is the stuff we can use against nasc,they and the hse cannot be so hipocritical as to how much extra training we have to go through on system gear if they are letting lads who's only qualification is a class 2 hgv license put this highly critical safety measure in place,it's unbelievable,as for easy edge that was designed to be attached to steel before being lifted,now it's being put in place with lads walking out onto unfixed steel floorsheets,leaning over the edge liying down and tying off the nuts that holds the arms that the fences sit on to,how the fuk is that safer than a handrail off gravlox onto the rsj's,it's such hypocracy that these housbuilders and large ltd companies have such a stranglehold on nasc that obvious safety issues get thrown out the window and new stuff put in place to suit them and their profit timeline,it's disgraceful and shows how profit and connections are more important to nasc than mens lives!:mad:

It's basically plastic link together sh1te that creates a platform without holes that they call a crashdeck for brikies etc,now that hse is knockin bean bags back as fall protection these housebuilders who bUy nasc there foreign holidays(allegedly) don't want to pay out for birdcages or fall protection that's put up by fully trained personell,makes me sh1t bricks this mate,all the hse we go through and they allow any smakhead pull up on site and put this unsafe crap up,trad do this on a regular basis!

I don't remember seeing the posts about this stuff.

Is it similar to a product called swaledek? Sounds like it.

The system I've seen has legs on it that look like lengths of plastic drainpipe with a plastic crate thing on the top.

We've used it before and were told that it was for fall protection only, not a working platform

everyones trying to avoid using scaffold to save money.easy edge is being used for edge protection all over and its absolutely waznk .theres a metnor job in newcastle 8 storeys high and it even has easy edge as roof edge protection which is just down right dangerous.

Spot on Allan on one of our sites they are using plastic barriers , the tye you use in the road ,to protect falls of over 10 meters , yet the manager comes along and says , get your glasses on or yellow card . Its a case of what suits you sir

That's the problem dass,it's being used widely as a working platform,trusses ,pikes internal block Walls allkinds are being built of this sh1t and we are the ones losing out,seems to me flinty a lot of this sh1t is getting through at the moment and staying,that's my point!

This Crap Has Been On The Go For Years, Generation Hire Out Artic Loads Of It To Barratt Etc Who Then Get There Labourers To Erect/ Install It. Its Their Insurance Policy Gents. Fekk Them. Its Not A Working Platform Its A Fall Arrest Measure.

I hear you joebag. Here's one way you can challenge it.

Simian? Back me up if I'm right. Or just add your 2 cents.

This is fall protection, and would have to withstand a man falling onto it. Now remember the term "crash deck" is obsolete, they technically do not exist without design as you would have to do a lot of calculations to work out what you would need, even just working out what impact a falling brick would have is tough (so I'm told, I'm no mathematician).

So, these new things. What force can they withstand? If they are technically, a crash deck, they would have to have some detailed instructions and calculations telling the user exactly how far it will protect someone!

Also remember that WAHR applies to everyone, not just us. If we have to put up with this cr*p of prevention over protection in the extreme, then so can the other trades.

It also occurred to me today, when laying out beanbags for the brickies to work off the completed scaffold, that this is technically not working properly to the WAHR, as beanbags are protection. Technically brickies should have a handrail going around the inside of the brick work to stop them falling into the building...... They would also have to wear a harness as they are working at height.

Can only talk for the northwest mate but birdcages are crucial to blokes on price,also what they are meant for and what they are actually used for are two different things ;)

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Outstanding flinty,I have the thoughts but sometimes the words fail me(or I just haven't learned them yet) ;)

we workin on a new build site now where trad r cominin in n puttin that crash deck stuff down, 1st time i ever seen it aswell. a brickie was buildin the internal wall up from it n went through it n hit the floor now i don't really think it is the best or safe enough to work of at least... lucky it was a brickie that went through n not a scaff tho... lol

Top Bottom