National Access and Scaffolding Confederation

njw3000

Reaction score
What can people tell me about the NASC? (National Access and Scaffolding Confederation). I'm writing a novel about the world of scaffolding and I need to get my facts right. How does the NASC operate and is it justified in claiming credit for safer conditions and less accidents since the last few decades? (It was formed in 1945.)

This is what it says on their website:
"... the NASC membership now accounts for a significant share of the UK's total industry workload and is increasingly making its mark in Europe. Our members operate from locations throughout the UK.

"The NASC's operates a strict policy of full compliance to all new legislation and its own code of conduct. This separates us from the rest of the industry. Through our annual membership audit we ensure that our members uphold best practice as professionals. This means we do not look for shortcuts on safety, which could put lives at risk."
About the National Access and Scaffolding Confederation

Who can name the new president of NASC?

thanks, Nigel.

Funny how they allow scaffold company in the UAE to run 3 basic and advanced courses and give out certification after it ? No touch screen test , no NVQ file ????.

Funny how they allow scaffold company in the UAE to run 3 basic and advanced courses and give out certification after it ? No touch screen test , no NVQ file ????.

Who's that

andyf...i believe this part of the world (middle east) a lot of companys do traing however its only training and there own company cert.....I dont think they are registered in the UK......well..thats what I know and believe. Is this correct?

Bob Whincap is the president of the NASC at the moment and if you want to talk to the NASC ring them as they have a PR guy called Neil Tomlinson who would give you a lot of information for your book.

Last edited:
The problem is the certification has a citb verifiers number and an assessors number and both names are not people from the UK.
So how can they have this quaulifaction as they have never been on any scaffolding course in the uk therefore they cannot get this qualification.
As we all know you have to start as a trainee and work up to what ever point you want to stop at be it an instructor.
A 3 day advance course cannot be carried out and to say we give the cert as we are following the NASC guild lines WHAT IN 3days I don't think so.
A scaffolded in the ?uk has to do the NVQ file before getting there qualification be it a card or a cert ??????????

and it's the NASC's job to make sure that all scaffolders are properly trained and accredited?

Last i heard it was Gerry Cooper

That's right. I was just wondering if people would have heard of him. So the NASC is a pretty important organisation and has been for the past 50 years?

Did you not read Simians post?

I do, pre forum it was the only way to get information.

Yes very important!!!

Do not want to talk to me.

I am only a lowly scaffolder no one important :(.

Stewart SCCR Chairman.

I hope to write a book one day.

If I ever get the time :eek::eek:

Top Bottom