Name the bad firms you work for

Admiral Scaffolding - Mid 1990's

Owned by an individual called Don Bostell.

An awful outfit...

fu ck me i forgot about Admirals phil they where a nightmare to work for do you remember a Barry Hibbard on there phil ?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

phil just a wee question did admiral have a supervisor in your time called frank-frankie??longshot i know.

LOL Celtic Admirals have had more supervisors then scaffolders they would come on a weekly basis at one time :eek:

phil just a wee question did admiral have a supervisor in your time called frank-frankie??longshot i know.

Mate, I did about 2 weeks on there! That was plenty for me.

All I remember is a scaffolder called Jimmy Winerbanks (or Windybanks, something like that)

He was a fat geezer who looked a bit like the author Bill Bryson if I remember correctly. He was their 'top bloke' at the time (and he was a very nice geezer, too) Probably retired now.

hahaha i remember him phil , phil do you know Phil carter , or Pat brady they where o n there for years as well

as a said long shot mate.......mr bostel they still tell tales of this horrible knut everywhere i go.

hahaha i remember him phil , phil do you know Phil carter , or Pat brady they where o n there for years as well

Names don't ring a bell mate.

Thinking about it, BCM were pretty desperate too.

Ever do any work for Mr Reilly?

no , but i tell you who was bad in the mid 80s was (scabbie ) Abbey we got knocked senseless on there

Old school Leanes from Shepherds Bush

More recent Mccorys. Peterborough like a **** I even went for an interview the first one ever in over. 25 yrs on the spanner ! Trouble with this mob is they are so used to dealing with 10 a penny bang bang scaffs they think they can treat skilled T&F guys like ***** to !

Admiral, agreed got to be the worst! Bostel, and his fat cigar, total ar$$hole. Windy, was a laugh to work with, was worth the month I worked for them. Unique, out of Sydenham, were not to far behind them

fu ck me i forgot about Admirals phil they where a nightmare to work for do you remember a Barry Hibbard on there phil ?

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

LOL Celtic Admirals have had more supervisors then scaffolders they would come on a weekly basis at one time :eek:

Admirals have a video on youtube of them striking a job thats laying on the floor!
Class firm!

Admiral, agreed got to be the worst! Bostel, and his fat cigar, total ar$$hole. Windy, was a laugh to work with, was worth the month I worked for them. Unique, out of Sydenham, were not to far behind them

Awww Unique were class, mate.

At least they all knew what they were doing.

Don't know what it's like on there now. I haven't bumped into any of the Savage's for years.

it wasnt fat tabs (rablok) that went on the run . it was his side kick ,kingey

when i worked for him , he brought an old disused pig farm , next to a clay pigeon shoot , spent a furtune renovating it into b&b chalets , then the **** fell out with the owner of the shoot ... never got one customer

we had the armed police in the yard when they thought he was money laundering , we did have a ex bank robber drivin the wagon

got to mansfields yard one morning and the yard gates were on the floor
he had sent one of his wagons up to the yard and robbed it ,, it was his own gear,

he even under cut mansfields prices , whenit was a splintter firm
i could go on and on

joe kelly in nttm was the lowest payer , did one week for him then went back to leo and tubbitt

The Savage's were fine, had some good jobs, but some d@@kheads on there. I had the misfortune of working with some of them.

it wasnt fat tabs (rablok) that went on the run . it was his side kick ,kingey

when i worked for him , he brought an old disused pig farm , next to a clay pigeon shoot , spent a furtune renovating it into b&b chalets , then the **** fell out with the owner of the shoot ... never got one customer

we had the armed police in the yard when they thought he was money laundering , we did have a ex bank robber drivin the wagon

got to mansfields yard one morning and the yard gates were on the floor
he had sent one of his wagons up to the yard and robbed it ,, it was his own gear,

he even under cut mansfields prices , whenit was a splintter firm
i could go on and on

joe kelly in nttm was the lowest payer , did one week for him then went back to leo and tubbitt
Sounds like a typical day in the life mate !

Kings scaffolding in liverpool is by far the worst cowboy firm ive ever worked for thank god those days are long gone

Phillios why was abbey so bad mate ??

Was only on there for a month scaffy , got sent to strike a big block only to find another gang had been there on The Friday, Saturday and Sunday striking a temporary roof 100foot X 80 foot and left all the gear on the fu cking roof we got told to clear the gear which took us 3 handed almost a week it was about 100 high this block , when we got payed he payed us £25 a day each when we where earning about £100 on target at the time , when i pulled the supervisor he said there was no money for clearing gear and he thought he had done us a favor , i laugh now but at the time it was all i could to stop my self throwing the cu nt of the roof , one and only experience with "scabby Abbey "

Roy Rodgers was a complete pr*ck of a man, he would fkuk his own mother over.
We now have Birchwood scaffold in this area. It's run by a former Ashfield scaffold director Kev. Avoid this ctunt like the plauge. Hes on the spanners & his 'tool belt' consist of a cheapass level & spanner in his back pocket.
Does the usual trick of paying up at first then keeps you waiting weeks & when he does pay it's half of what he owes. He was most suprised when wanted to pull his head off!! :mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom