make it illegal,now.

Among the list of discussion issues on the agenda, the Issue of Policing the Scaffolding Industry will be raised by the Chair of the SCCR during our forthcoming Series of Meetings with the HSE.

This Post is an ideal opportunity for Forum Members to contribute with their thoughts on the subject, so please feel free to put up or shut up...

Garry...

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Ken

Here here, Well said...

Exemption for turban wearing Sikhs

The Construction (Head Protection) Regulations 1989 require suitable head protection to be provided and worn WHEN THERE IS A RISK OF HEAD INJURY. This may be from falling materials or knocking into things such as low scaffolds. Safety helmets MUST be worn in designated 'hard hat' areas. Only turban wearing Sikhs are exempt from these requirements.

Ken without a doubt the scaffolding world is a safer an better place when legislation is adhered to, i am not saying that, what i am saying is that legislation should be complied by everyone and everyone should have the same shout, but they dont especially if your a sub contractor. These statistics are off the top of my head[ cant be bothered to look up and download] but 50% of all accidents are work from height, that doesnt mean scaffolders, 30% involve scaffolding again that doesnt mean there all scaffolders fault. So dont make examples out of scaffolding and scaffolders, look around at the other users of that scaffold whos responsibility it is to maintain and inspect that scaffold after hand-over. Keep goodhousekeeping on your site, cos im sick of my scaffolders twisting ankles walking materials, tell your chippies to put harnesses on when erecting roof trusses, fall protection for the roofer when hes dancing up the battens in trainers, one toilet for every 10 people on site, not one for 70 and so on and so on.

Hi Ken, exellent information being posted by yourself! may i just add that commersial divers are also exempt from wearing hard hats under Construction head protection regs 1989, not that theres any need to wear one underwater.

useless piece of info aquired off a nebosh exam & the examiners report. I say put up!

Hi Ken, exellent information being posted by yourself! may i just add that commersial divers are also exempt from wearing hard hats under Construction head protection regs 1989, not that theres any need to wear one underwater.

useless piece of info aquired off a nebosh exam & the examiners report. I say put up!

thats good news me hat was getting tangled with me snorkel and mask

I saw a hyperbaric Welder put on his cromer then he put on his Diving Helmet :weird:, old habits die hard I suppose :nuts:

Well then maybe we could push for better education at tool box talks and site inductions as to informing other trades about them not altering scaffolds but also the damaged caused to scaffolds when they go about their work, many site agents will know the score when it comes to scaffolding rules but how many actually implement them when we have left site.
Maybe get some signs made up next to access points showing no cutting of scaffold in any way. That then is anouther cost and of course we would be expected to pay for them.

Well then maybe we could push for better education at tool box talks and site inductions as to informing other trades about them not altering scaffolds but also the damaged caused to scaffolds when they go about their work, many site agents will know the score when it comes to scaffolding rules but how many actually implement them when we have left site.
Maybe get some signs made up next to access points showing no cutting of scaffold in any way. That then is anouther cost and of course we would be expected to pay for them.

I did ask the HSE why they do not produce poster campaigns in regards unauthorised adaptions, removal of ties & general damage to scaffolding............

You guessed it no funds available.

You always see the ones with keep the site tidy, don't walk by, always seem to be a lot of scaffolding in those ones.

Also you have the bloke who has fallen & broken like china. The photo doesn't show the brickie at the top who undid the hand rail to get his muck bin up to save him a 5 metre walk!!

Ragscaff:eek:

Commersial divers are usually air fed into a kirby morgan helmet dico, your not a proper diver aswell as a Scaff pal eh!

fook you pal i was haveing a laugh about the snorkell and mask its a scaffolders forum not a divers forum get a sence of humour mate.

Was that a bite Dico??? done u up a kipper there me old pal. Happy new year

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Dico took the bait!!! chomp chomp

I am probably repeating my self but I find taking as many digital photo's from as many angles as possible is the best defence against accusations of any kind. As per usual Ken is right in what he is saying but unfortunately my priority in the event of an accident would be to prove the condition of the scaffold when I left it and leave it to others to decide what other factors came in to play. It also comes in handy to include the same photo's with the invoice when charging for damaged materials.:cool:

Magic, the January blues are starting to kick in now though thinking about Monday. I foresee neither the trucks or the vans being able to start and the remainder of the crimbo kerry oot getting tanned.:cool:

Was that a bite Dico??? done u up a kipper there me old pal. Happy new year

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Dico took the bait!!! chomp chomp

as i have a sence of humour chomp chomp happy new year :cool:

aom are you saying your lot didnt polish off their carryout lol??think that deserves a couple of warning letters dont you?monday 1st thing id sit em down and make em tank the lot serves them right.welcome back.

hi gerscaff

same gers as i support? bit unlucky the other week i thought never mind still got 2 games in hand do you have to be a scafffolholder to be on this forum if so i worked for mgb,s for 3 weeks and got an advantage card does that count?

lapta

Top Bottom