light line

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
how many of you lads use a light line and a but for striking ?
or do you prefer a rope and wheel ? :)

Light line tube, lorry strap (hook end ) buckets or wheel for larger jobs.

:blink1:

hi philliosmaximus. have used both when striking. prefer a rope nd wheel,it's much more handier.and the labourer's gloves get shredded,not mine. but a light line does have it's good points too,but as l say prefer the good old rope nd wheel.

i was just curios as you dont see many lads using a light line anymore , in my younger days i could let down 2 x 21 foot tubes at once, have even let 3 x 12 foot unit beams still bolted together at once, man that tempory roof came down fast :toung:

the old boy that showed me how to use it dave said it was part of your tool kit, and he was right mate , get you around a lot of situations , putting in a 6m steel ladder on the 6th lift is hard work , drop the light line down the ladder hole and just pull the f***** up no problem.

You could,nt beat the bombing days,Thats when price work was easiest.:laugh:

Thought all these London boys used a Ginny wheel, aint seen a single bit of Light line down here. Not even on a ladder. Bloody singles all the time.

what no one told me they are gone joe , cant beat a nice bit of grass :p

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

i buy the stuff by the 720 foot coil Vancover , just out of interest what do you lads use for getting tins up and down ?

Thought all these London boys used a Ginny wheel, aint seen a single bit of Light line down here. Not even on a ladder. Bloody singles all the time.

ALL our ladders are fixed with blue rope. (Tested to over 1 tonne)

I also know a massive London firm that only uses wire lashing to tie ladders.

hahahahhaha we used to get b******* on Matttersons if they seen turds so we had to make sure the tubes went on the lorry with the turds facing inwards

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

there seems to be a trend back towards rope on ladders phil , i used to love a wire bond for a tie till they stopped us using them :(

You could,nt beat the bombing days,Thats when price work was easiest.:laugh:
Or, if you couldn't get away with that, the old hemp sack wrapped round the rope, the gear went down breaking all world records.

Same as Phil blue lashing on ladders every time, proper box lashing. Only thing is half the young uns cant lash a ladder for sh*t, makes you wonder who does their shoe laces up in the morning.

what no one told me they are gone joe , cant beat a nice bit of grass :p

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

i buy the stuff by the 720 foot coil Vancover , just out of interest what do you lads use for getting tins up and down ?

Got two small van ratchets, one hook tie to the bottom of the rope to hook under the sheets. The other ratchet feed through the rope a third down the height of the sheet & ratchet them to the rope.

8ft tins up to six at a time 10fts 3 at a time. Land quite well at the top!! Due to the weight its not too bad in the wind. Use the other end for cricklies so one pulling one landing & 1 fixing without too many hold ups!! ;)

Got two small van ratchets, one hook tie to the bottom of the rope to hook under the sheets. The other ratchet feed through the rope a third down the height of the sheet & ratchet them to the rope.

8ft tins up to six at a time 10fts 3 at a time. Land quite well at the top!! Due to the weight its not too bad in the wind. Use the other end for cricklies so one pulling one landing & 1 fixing without too many hold ups!! ;)

Ragscaff
F**k me whatever happened to a j bolt and timber hitch for tins!!!!!!!!
I am too old for this technology!!

Top Bottom