Leaners..

Stoko

Reaction score
What is everyones thoughts on "Leaners"?
I have seen and erected scaffolds in this way and have never had a problem. I wonder if anyone has ever done sort of loading test etc..

i have done them years ago stoko ,and i was always told that they are for inspections only .but i have seen them loaded out with slates by roofers and it didnt look pretty :)

Hmmm> I know what you mean mate. But have done them 20' high and with all the rakers at the same angle tied at the bottom, intermediate lift and boarded lift they actually do the job well. Darn site quicker to erect as well. Used to them mainly for fascia & soffit jobs. Did see many years ago a temp roof done off one. By a main man in D&R eastern, thought that was going well over the top and taking a risk. But it worked.

Haven't seen one for years although I did a few back in my house front days.
They do a perfectly good job if you're slashing up £300 towers all day.

not wrong there Phil. Ideal for earning a few quid. LOL

Front & back off a half back!!

Mind you struggle to do it with three boards & hand rail on the second lift:sad::blink:

2 lift leaner and a lift punched up of that

Ye, pretty sure last one I saw (apart from one a m8 did) was on the road towards Hampton Court off the M3, like I said that was years ago.

For the younger lot...what exactly is a leaner scaffold... I did hear something about this a few years back.

For the younger lot...what exactly is a leaner scaffold... I did hear something about this a few years back.

It's a small tower usually 3 lifts where you start with 2 raking tubes against the building with the bottom far enough away to allow you to clock your front uprights onto it. You then lace it up and fix 2 puncheons for the top lift handrail on the inside.
it doesn't save you that much gear apart from a few braces but it's a lot quicker to build than a 4 leg tower and obviously doesn't need any rakers.
Down my way we call them a 'lean-to'

Haven't seen one for years although I did a few back in my house front days.
They do a perfectly good job if you're slashing up £300 towers all day.

You gotta be my eyes in the capital ...need pictures !!!

You gotta be my eyes in the capital ...need pictures !!!

Well well well, Mr C hasn't got a picture of a lean-to scaffold!!
This must be some sort of first! :laugh:

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Well well well, Mr C hasn't got a picture of a lean-to scaffold!!
This must be some sort of first! :laugh:

I'll draw you a picture!

Top Bottom